What do you gather eggs in?! Pics?

If I remember to take the wire basket, shaped like a tea kettle I use it. If not I use my shirt tale rolled up. The eggs don't care what they are carried in. LOL Just enjoy getting them and wondering which hen gave you her best today. I often just go up to see whose on a nest. My chickens are so spoiled they come running from every direction when I drive in the yard.
My daughter was here to visit and the chickens were down in the wheat field, (newly planted, so they were digging out the wheat seed,) but they came running to greet me. My daughter said, "look at those chickens". I said
watch this". I sat down on a log I'm hollowing out and here they came. She took this picture and put it on her Facebook, cause she said her friends would never believe it otherwise. They are my friends. The worst part is they want to come to the steps and porch to wait for their supper. Then I have to clean the poo off.

If I remember to take the wire basket, shaped like a tea kettle I use it. If not I use my shirt tale rolled up. The eggs don't care what they are carried in. LOL Just enjoy getting them and wondering which hen gave you her best today. I often just go up to see whose on a nest. My chickens are so spoiled they come running from every direction when I drive in the yard. My daughter was here to visit and the chickens were down in the wheat field, (newly planted, so they were digging out the wheat seed,) but they came running to greet me. My daughter said, "look at those chickens". I said watch this". I sat down on a log I'm hollowing out and here they came. She took this picture and put it on her Facebook, cause she said her friends would never believe it otherwise. They are my friends. The worst part is they want to come to the steps and porch to wait for their supper. Then I have to clean the poo off.
I have close to the same problem but we were discussing it the other day in a thread. Someone suggested a motion activated sprinkler. They posted a picture and it's pretty cool. I got to thinking that I could just invest a little time instead of money and shee the off with the hose everyone they stepped on it. Well it's done a significant amount of difference. It went from covered in poo at the end of everday to maybe only like 4 or 5. So I'm gonna keep going with it but so far, squirting them seems to be a good deterrent. I like your birds.

I just hold my t-shirt with one hand and set eggs in it with the other. I've also used my hat before. I do have a stash of egg cartons in the hen house though in case I were to get a lot of eggs to carry.

I use this wicker one from Michael's. I used to use pockets, but I get between 18-24 eggs per day. We usually check every few hours because we can.

I have used. My t-shirt folded up from bottom. Pockets (broken eggs suck with this one ) Wal-Mart plastic bags feed scoop basically anything that can hold about 18 eggs at one time. My personal favoriteis anything with a handle

Another T-shirt collector here but I really do like these wire baskets others are posting. My spouse would go out in the morning, back when collecting eggs was a new thing here, and put them in his pockets to bring in. One day he got to work and found one still in his pocket. Shirt, tie and an egg in the pocket is a clear sign you are ready to get down to work.

Back
Top Bottom