what do you guys think......

Quote:
Good lookn bunch ya got there
wink.png

haha your sebright roo in that pic looks like his head is HUGE! lol
gig.gif

Quote:
well yours doesnt look all that different but im still learning alot about my new bantams wasnt planning on getting any when i got there i was actually just getting some layers for my EE's and maybe a cochin which i actually know about!!! so i dont know much but he is silver and your gold and i dont mean to be literal and my bad photography!!!

The Lebanon show is this weekend. You should go and look at the sebrights there. I think you will see what they are trying to say. They are a difficult breed, but the nice show ones have a distinct look. Let me see if I can find a picture for you.

42silverseb.jpg
(from Jones & Leonard)

silver_seabright_bantam_roo.jpg
(from Cackle from the Crossroads National)

silver_sebright_bantam_hen.jpg
(the same as above.)

Notice the "S" shape to their bodies and the size of the back in relation to the rest of the body. Very short backs! The longer backs pays homage to the Nankin breed in their background...but they have a distinctive shape unlike any other breed. The show is a great place to see them. You can't show these unless you already sent in an entry form, but you can see what the show birds look like. Its also a great place to talk to the breeders and ask them questions. 95% of them are more than happy to answer questions and give advice...and this show has some of the TOP breeders in the Midwest there.
As far as Silkies go there is a breeder in Crawfordsville that has superb birds! She even had some breeder-quality birds listed on craigslist the other day. Harvest Breeze Farm

Last edited:
i wasnt planning on showing them this weekend i just saying maybe in april but idk im very insercure and dont want to put my birds out there and be humiliated i just dont know about the showing thing im going to go to lebanon this weekend to look around hopefully ill feel better because im home sick i hope i can make it!!!!!

Quote:
Now these are Sebrights!
Sorry but the birds in the OP are pet/hatchery quality. Type is wrong, they're leggy, tail is way too short, head on the male is course & huge. The Silkie is even worse.
If you are interested in breeding/showing properly bred birds you went at it backwards. Learn the breed first & then buy stock.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom