What do you have planted in your garden so far ? What zone ?

Zone 7A

We've planted just about everything already for the year, except stuff that goes in during late summer/early fall. It's doing very well so far.

We've got:

Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Tomatoes
Peas
Zucchini
Cucumbers
Cantaloupe
Onions
Scallion
Carrots
Spinach
Broccoli
Sage
Thyme
Rosemary
Catnip

And piles and piles of new perennials.

I'm Z4/5 as well. So far my outdoor plants are peas & broc. Inside I have herbs going, as well as maters, peppers, cukes, squashes, and I'm sure other stuff. I plan on doing another round of salad greens soon outdoors, maybe in the coldframe. I had some under the indoor system over the winter- YUM!

I dont care to much for growing flowers, myself. It's not that I don't appreciate them. But I reckon if you cant eat, it why go to the trouble of growing it?
But Lori, my beloved wife, dotes on every sort of flowering plant. So, we have a large flower garden, mostly in containers, which is all hers.

Me, I have melons of several kinds:
Banana melon
Sun Jewel
Armenian Tigger
Cantalope

Cucumbers

Swiss chard

Roma tomatoes

Sweet Peppers
Poblano peppers (to come)

Malabar spinach... and some stuff I've probably forgotten.

This year I'm also working on a trench and trellis garden, back where the chickens will re-home to. In that, I'll have Sunflowers, peas, and Jerusalem artichokes..........

...or whatever else I fancy that can be grown through our mild winters. Whatever zone South Carolina is in, then thats what I'm in. I'm pretty sure it's Zone 4. EDIT: Zone 8

Last edited:
Um wow, well uh I live in zone 3/4 in N. Minnesota. We have 4 rows of lettuce in, 3 rows of carrots, 4 rows of peas and 4 rows of beans. the 2nd garden is totally platned to ontions and potatoes. I also have my hot peppers in, brussels sprouts, and raspberries, as well as our first set of corn. Everything else I have to sow is 65-70 degree soil temp sowing and its barely breaking 55 here yet so everything else is on stand by

ETA: oh and tomatoes in my home made topsy turvy things..

Last edited:
I'm in zone 5, central Iowa.
I've planted 4 "framed" beds which will be permanent:
asparagus, strawberry, dill, rosemary, coriander, chives.

I've planted the following row crops:
peas, sugar snap peas, yukon gold potatoes, romaine lettuce, leaf lettuce, head cabbage, bok choy, "joy choy" (??), celery, yellow onion, white onion, radish, green beans.

I've planted the following hill crops:
yellow squash, watermelon, giant pumpkin, zucchini, bush cucumber, pickling cucumber, straight-8 cucumber.

I've planted the following caged crops:
better boy tomatoes, big boy tomatoes, grape tomatoes, yellow/orange/red/green bell peppers, banana peppers, jalapeno peppers, italian roaster peppers, cayenne peppers, sweet red and pimento peppers.

I had flowers to plant too, but ran out of room.

All I have are tomatoes. I live in southeast texas and not sure what zone that is. I need to plant squash.

I think we are 6 maybe??? It is hot and wet here that is all I know!

Last edited:
Quote:
I am envious of your climate down there Davaroo - up here it's looking more and more like another unseasonaly cold spring/early summer. You can't even think about warm weather stuff up here till end of May. Every year I give a couple of small melon varieties a try - got to push the envelope... but I fail 3 out of 4 years
he.gif

Finally wising up and building a greenhouse.

Back
Top Bottom