What do you have planted in your garden so far ? What zone ?

Corn, Tomatoes, Radishes, squash, cucumbers, strawberries, potatoes,okra, peppers, onions, watermelons, cantelope and eggplant.

garden2.jpg

I am running late this year with all the rain but the first row of corn is in, the roma tomatoes which I started months ago are in, the onions and carrots went in a few weeks ago, sunflowers, petunias, marigolds, potatoes and a few other things are in. Still left are the rest of the tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, peas and beans, pumpkins, melons, squash, etc... I need to get back to work actually....

barnie.gif
I have one lonely upside down tomato plant in a self-made hanging planter.

Stupid rain! It's rained almost every single day and we've not had two days in a row without it so we're not even able to till the soil. I'm flat disgusted I tell ya.
rant.gif

We have potatoes and onions allready coming up,..yesterday we planted 42 tomato plants, 11 rows of corn, 3 rows of white half-runner beans, and two rows of Roma beans. Still have bunches of room to plant more. I am going to my friends green house this weekend and getting more plants. This year we decided to plant a garden big enough to feed us plus the neighbors and family. Fun,fun,fun
wee.gif

Last edited:
I made a "topsy-turvy thing" out of an bakery bucket. Cut a hole in the bottom where I planted the mater through & hung it by it's handle. here is the site I used year before last! HTH!

not sure about the "zone" thing, but we have chives, daffodils, forget-me-nots, some really small white wild flowers, purple wild flowers(i think they are called violets?), dandelions, and some other flowers that I don't know the names of.
smile.png
oh and grass.
tongue.png
someone planted all this before we moved here.
clap.gif

Because of all the rain we got a late start in planting vegtables. But we finally got everything finished yesterday. Several kinds of tomatos, leaf letuce and peppers. Bush beans, carrots, beets, broccoli, califlower, cantalope, cucumber, and brussel sprouts.

We also planted grapes, rasperries, a peach tree, rhubarb, and strawberries. Of course it will be another year before we get anything from those, but at least there are started.

Lil

Zone 8 & the tomatoes are well up & little green ones & plenty of blooms, the cukes and purple pole beans are up & a whole row of garden salsa peppers (to can homemade salsa, yum!) & a row of peanuts!

Quote:
Isnt that where Sarah Palin's from?

Anyhow, I just finished planting today, my seeds. I have...tomatoes, potatoes, celery, sweet potatoes, beans, corn, watermelon, muskmelon, pumpkins, pickling cukes, cabbage,zucchini and white acorn squash...oh and luffa gourds and broom corn.

Back
Top Bottom