what do you like and dislike about runner ducks?

KenjiQuacker

Songster
Jan 24, 2021
Issaquah Washington
Hello!
I'm getting runner duck hatching eggs soon (I've been doing research for years now, ever since I hatched, raised, and released a wild mallard). I already have a coop and run design too. I'm super excited, but first I just wanted to know more information on runner ducks. I know most of the normal facts about them, eggs per year, weight, etc. So I guess I'm just looking for opinions about them now. :)
Thanks!

Things that a like about Indian Runners:
1. I like their upright position.
2. They are really good egg layers.
3. They are full of personalities.
4. They are very friendly.
5. There are a lot of different colors like: Fawn & White, White, Penciled, Black, Buff, Chocolate, Cumberland, and Gray. There are also many nonstandard color varieties.

The things I don't like about Indian Runners:

There's none. (In my opinion)

Things that a like about Indian Runners:
1. I like their upright position.
2. They are really good egg layers.
3. They are full of personalities.
4. They are very friendly.
5. There are a lot of different colors like: Fawn & White, White, Penciled, Black, Buff, Chocolate, Cumberland, and Gray. There are also many nonstandard color varieties.

The things I don't like about Indian Runners:

There's none. (In my opinion)
Thanks for responding! I've always wondered whether runners were very friendly or not, so thanks!
I really like they're upright standing too, I find it adorable. I like to call them giraffe penguin ducks :3

I dont have runners I only have Muscovy but runners seem super silly and fun to have around, if I were to add a mallard-derived breed I would probably want to add runners because they are just so cute and cool looking!
I know right! they're so funny looking
(edit) what are muscovies like?

Back
Top Bottom