What do you think of the new BYC platform?

What do you think of the new BYC platform?

• Love it

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Like it

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • 50-50 Love-Hate

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • Hate it

Votes: 81 40.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll let ya know when I have to start moderating in it.
lau.gif

At the moment I don't really love or hate it. That's probably because I'm using my tablet rather than a "real" computer though; it doesn't let me use the hover-you-mouse-over menus. But I have a feeling I'd love it if I was using a more standard computer. :D

I reallllllly like it!!!
celebrate.gif
Great job in my opinion, I know this had to be ALOT of work!!! I think people just need time to get use to the new format. I have been playing around on the trial version you had so I kinda know my way around, but it seems pretty user friendly to!
thumbsup.gif

I get that there are bugs and glitches when you do something new like this but design wise I like the other better. Everything is too white and bright (with the exception of the actual posts) and I hate having to adjust my dimmer when going from this site to the next. The forum and sub forum pages are what I'm talking about, I wish there was an option that you could click on, like a "lights out" feature so to speak where you could change the bright white to something more easy on the eyes.

I miss the little chicken icon that would show when new posts occurred in a thread.

I don't like all that stuff on the right side of the page, it's distracting and makes things look cluttered and in a weird way makes me feel 'claustrophobic'.
hide.gif

I hope it's only a temporary glitch/bug concerning the page not loading properly. I find myself having to reload pages several times such as the reply to post, as the tool bar didn't want to show up. Also, I couldn't vote in the poll at first either since the page didn't load properly, like the ads and such were not showing up

My interest lies in very few topics. With the old forum all I had to do was look for the dot indicator on the left that signified the topic I posted in. Now with the coloring of the forum its even hard to find the topics.

Hey, all! If your avatars appear fuzzy, it's because the old ones had to be resized to be quite small. When they translate to these larger ones, they appear out of focus. If you want to sharpen up your avatar, you can reload a pic and it doesn't have to be a tiny one like it used to be--note my new one that wouldn't have worked on the other site. The one of my Delaware rooster was very out of focus and this one is sharp.
smile.png

Hey, all! If your avatars appear fuzzy, it's because the old ones had to be resized to be quite small. When they translate to these larger ones, they appear out of focus. If you want to sharpen up your avatar, you can reload a pic and it doesn't have to be a tiny one like it used to be--note my new one that wouldn't have worked on the other site. The one of my Delaware rooster was very out of focus and this one is sharp.
smile.png

Mine is completely gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom