What do YOU use to collect your eggs?

i've been using my shirt
only been rakin in 2 a day
yippiechickie.gif

Oh yea! I can see that as a golf thing, but kudos to you, and you found it cheap!! That is what I think is great, that there are so many ideas out there, and we don't have to spend a ton, and it is all good! Have you been to the fleet store and see what they sell as an egg basket? It is like this super strong last forever thing, cleverly coiled and red coated metal, and it costs over 18 bucks! Am I collecting 20 pound eggs? Not for me LOL !!

I have done the pockets, make a basket out of my shirt, I have taken my hat of on the raining days to use but this was all when my babies started to lay. I cant do that now!! Now I have a bucket that was in the Automotive department to was cars, I thought that it would be perfect for collecting eggs with and If it breaks I can just wash it out. I am getting around 30 eggs a day now and going to add to my flock this year so I am planning to get another 25-30 chicks. I have waiting list for my egg customers here and have one customer that comes once a week to pick up as many as she can to take to the Hospital where she works for the Doctors and staff love my fresh eggs!

My bestie sewed extra pockets on one of my chicken sweatshirts and on my kitchen cooking smock.They hang at the back door and I grab one of those depending on the season and plunk them in. Ive learned to drop them into their respective containers before I grab garden items as I too have had pocket omelettes! Lol

Back
Top Bottom