what do you use to worm chickens

I will join the DE crowd...i mix it with limestone 1 part DE to 1 part limestone. I just pour the mixture on the ground just outside the coop door. The chickens walk through it, peck at it as a source of grit, and even roll in it like a dust bath. I have no problems with worms, lice, etc. and I think it keeps their skin and new feathers , during a molt, in a healthier state. No need to worry about withdraw times as the DE is organic....and that will keep your flocks organic status in tack if that is important to you. Make sure you use Codex or food grade DE not the stuff for pool filters although its cheaper. Caution should be used when handling any DE products; the dust is not to be inhaled and contact with the skin should be limited. Give it a try.

Hey all
frow.gif

Have seen and heard of people using Eprinex to worm their chickens but what is the dosage and how do you use it? In the water, orally or on the skin? And how does the apple cider vinegar work? Have never heard of that before

Mike
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I know of a lady that use the DE for a face wash paste..

()relics :

I will join the DE crowd...i mix it with limestone 1 part DE to 1 part limestone. I just pour the mixture on the ground just outside the coop door. The chickens walk through it, peck at it as a source of grit, and even roll in it like a dust bath. I have no problems with worms, lice, etc. and I think it keeps their skin and new feathers , during a molt, in a healthier state. No need to worry about withdraw times as the DE is organic....and that will keep your flocks organic status in tack if that is important to you. Make sure you use Codex or food grade DE not the stuff for pool filters although its cheaper. Caution should be used when handling any DE products; the dust is not to be inhaled and contact with the skin should be limited. Give it a try.​

Years ago when I had a parasite issue I went to an expert. My Vet. Guess what he set me up with?

Ivermectin

Yep

He did.

I have never looked back. Edited to mean, I am very happy with the results and won't waste my time on DE or other products (Seven) that don't work. Yep, tried them all.

Last edited:
Worms have a life cycle just like all animals. So you have to give the wormer long enough to kill all forms of the worm...eggs, larva, adult. So it depends on what you used to worm them with, how bad were they infested, what type of worms....

Just because you are not seeing any more worms being eliminated doesn't mean there might not still be eggs or adults living in the gi tract.

What is the dosage of Ivomec for chickens?

Will this also work for "eye worm"? I have been giving the Vet RX but does not seem to be working

Is / was the chicken's eye swollen? What did the vet give you? And how long were you supposed to continue treatment? IMO, I would call the vet back and tell him it's not gone rather than a home remedy.

Back
Top Bottom