What Do You Want Added To The BYC Forum & Site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love for a Chat area to go to. It's nice to get to know eveyone on a more personal note. And if people have questions, they just need to visit the chat and ask, not have to post it and keep looking back to see if someone responded yet.
caf.gif

Suggestion/Question:
Whenever I do a search I often have a problem finding the result and feel it would be really helpful if the word I searched for would stand out a bit in the posts.
Would it be possible to have the word 'highlighted' in the search results?

Quote:
That would be cool. I'll add it to the list and look into it. Thanks!

BTW, in the interim, what I do is search using the "show as post" option and then do CTRL-F to find the word on that page. Not perfect, but it works.

Quote:
This is a super idea! In fact, I would REALLY appreciate it if some members of the forum got together to create this page. When finished I'll post it prominently on the BYC site. (I think this is something all brand new or want-to-be chicken owners could use). I tried to get the ball rolling here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39 but unfortunately there didn't seem to be too much interest.

I'm down to illustrate something like this. When I say 'down' I mean 'up' to it.
I guess that means it sounds like fun.
lol.png

The emoticons are good for now. I'd like to see some more. BUT PLEASE DON'T add any outrageously sized emoticons to the list. The idea behind those is that they fit in a line of text without breaking up the vertical alignment of the post. Some of the so called emoticons on the old board are just animated .gifs and just way to big to be used as emoticons.

and if anyone is tracking keywords here...the word of the day is "emoticon."
caf.gif
<--- this one is already too tall. jeez!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
This is a super idea! In fact, I would REALLY appreciate it if some members of the forum got together to create this page. When finished I'll post it prominently on the BYC site. (I think this is something all brand new or want-to-be chicken owners could use). I tried to get the ball rolling here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=39 but unfortunately there didn't seem to be too much interest.

How's this going?

1. i love the idea of a chat
2.mabee you guys can comment on this but what if we add a place where you can post comments on peoples personal page, you know if some one says they have a parrakeet then some one can comment i have a parrakeet too post some pics so we can share!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom