What does a duck do when

Goldfire7

Songster
6 Years
Jul 3, 2017
What does a duck do when its best friend since birth dies? I am expecting to lose one of my two girls any time now from what I am guessing is a busted egg inside of her. She is looking horribly sick.

No grooming
Not eating, barely drinking, droopy bottom, falls back on her butt, lays down all the time, no energy, not pooping, yolk pours out of her bottom and I give her warm massaging baths and yolk pours out but shes not getting any better.

Will my healthy duck die from depression? What should I do once it happens? I hope she gets better but its not looking too good so far. Two days this has been going on.

What does a duck do when its best friend since birth dies? I am expecting to lose one of my two girls any time now from what I am guessing is a busted egg inside of her. She is looking horribly sick.

No grooming
Not eating, barely drinking, droopy bottom, falls back on her butt, lays down all the time, no energy, not pooping, yolk pours out of her bottom and I give her warm massaging baths and yolk pours out but shes not getting any better.

Will my healthy duck die from depression? What should I do once it happens? I hope she gets better but its not looking too good so far. Two days this has been going on.
Can you get the sick one to a vet?

No grooming

It sounds pretty bad..Can you humanely Cull her?...
The other one will need a friend so it's always best to have three so in these situations no one ever is alone.

Back
Top Bottom