What does God do with dogs after they die????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
WARNING: I am a Christian, so my opinions are based on Christianity. Don't mean to offend, but that's how it is!

Today our family dog had to be put down. I was there when it happened, and I've never felt so horrible in my life. She had a brain tumor that was causing paralysis on one side of her body, and although she had gone on with this paralysis for some time and acted like nothing was wrong she took a turn for the worst. She could not eat or go to the bathroom, so my mom had to make the decision to put her down. Since I got saved I've had a new respect for life, and I hated to see that happen to our Buffalo (her nickname, her real name was Sweetie). Not only do I feel terrible, but I'm also compelled to ask this question: where do dogs go when they die? Life does not just disappear, life must go somewhere. This is my reasoning/speculation:

When we die we go to either heaven or hell, and we keep the consciousness that we have here on earth. So when I die I will remain Christina, just in the spirit form and not tied down with the whole mortal thing, whatever. Animals don't have that, they don't have souls. But the life must go somewhere. What if, perchance, reincarnation is something that applies to animals? (Hear me out) When an animal dies the life returns to its source, which is God. God is constantly giving life out on a daily basis, to bugs, animals, fish, whatever. So wouldn't it make sense that 'life' in the non-soul form would, in a way, get recycled??? A soul (what we have), is something permanent, which is why we go to heaven or hell. But since animals don't have souls, does their life return to God? I seriously wonder how it works. Maybe with some forms of life, like companion animals, they keep their consciousnesses and go to heaven, you know, keeping their forms and personalities and awareness. I dunno, I know I'd really like to know and I don't want to wait until I'm old and dead (God willing it will be when I'm old) to find out.

Does anyone have anything to contribute????

Wow..that really is thought inspiring...we just had to put down my mom's scottie Linus night before last as he was seizing for 2+ hrs and his temp went to 108*. It was so tragic as he has been a therapy dog of sorts for my mother during her own seizures.
But, I have to say your 'hypothesis', if you will, *may* not be too far from wrong. I, personally, like to think that when I die I will be reuinted w/all my loved ones, including my pets (I tend to love pets more than *most* people honestly) BUT I don't know how many times I've heard people say things along the line of a childhood pet 'coming back again' in another pet they have later in life. Maybe it's a combo of sorts...a pet's soul 'recycles' throughout a human's life, and then they are reuinited upon the death of the human? We'll never know in this life, but your topic is very thought provoking. Thank you for sharing it.
Kristi

I, too, hope not to offend, but will give my thoughts. We, as well as our companion animals, as well as bugs, fish, spiders, etc, are the same. We all "go on" in that we replinish the earth. We can provide nourishment for plant life which can, in turn, nourish animal life. I feel with everything that I am, there is no "great beyond" and am happy with that. For myself, for my children, my animals.

I am very sorry for your loss.

The Bible says Jesus is coming back on a white horse, He made animals and He loves them. My dogs are up there in my mansion waiting for my return to home
smile.png
I am sure there are lots of animals up there.

Last edited:
I truly believe we will see our missed babies again. Please check out Petloss.com. This is a site for people in need, like you, and me too.
My condolences, peace to you.

After dogs die, they I assume get buried, decay, and serve as nutrients for other lifeforms, same way as when all organisms die.

Last edited:
* Personally, and as a long-time Bible student, I never figured out where we got the idea that the creatures don't have souls. I've never seen a definitive passage on the topic. Their souls may be different, that's all. As ours are different from fully spiritual beings, like angels. The Bible tells us that not a one of even the sparrows falls to the ground that God does not know it. Therefore, we have to see that HE IS 'taking note' of their physical bodies location-- Why do so, if He has no plan for their resurrection as well as our own??

Last edited:
a sentence from the bible states: In my House, there are many rooms...

I do not believe every life form that passes on goes to heaven or hell. I do belive humans should try to follow the 10 commandments if they don't follow much else. I'm going to the room full of animals and we'll all be happy and that's my version of Heaven on earth or after. And, Animals Do have souls, emotion, feelings...they remember, too. All animals go to Heaven. Sharing life with animals is sharing a piece of Heaven on earth.

Animals have both physical and spiritual beings, as we do. Their spirits continue to live after this life, as do ours. I have never seen anywhere in Christian scripture where it says otherwise. I look forward in faith to seeing animals after this life that I've known here.

Here is what I have come to believe...

The soul, is the "interface" between the spirit (that which will live forever) and the physical body (that which has a limited time in this realm.)

There is a vast difference between the spirit and the body. The soul gives the ability for the two very different aspects to communicate and function together.

If we watch our animals, we see they have this "interface" also. Each has a personality, they have emotions etc. I believe they possess a "soul."

If we are to believe the Bible, the Holy One created them before He created us. He put in authority of the animals, to watch over and protect them.

Many things in the spiritual realm are not able to be completely grasped by us. Because we live in the physical realm, and our ability to comprehend is based mostly on what we are able to see, or experience. Only when we exit this realm we will truly KNOW what comes after this realm. For now, we must trust and believe in that which the Holy One has revealed to us.

I hope to see my dear furry and feathered friends again in the Age to Come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom