Votes: 36 41.9%
  • Poodle

Votes: 19 22.1%
  • Great Dane

Votes: 10 11.6%
  • Yorkshire Terrier

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters
List of breeds I do not like, because they do not fit in with my lifestyle.

Siberian Husky - Too much energy, hard to train
American Akita - Stubborn, Can become agressive
German Shepherd - Shedding, I only like the WL ones, too much energy
Great Dane - Too big, thats all.
Rottweiler - Too big, Do not like the look
Maltese - Too much fur, too small, do like like their squished face
Bull terrier - Too much energy, dont like the look
APBT - Too much energy, almost guaranteed dog agression
ANY hound - Hard to train.
Anything Super fluffy (poms, spitz, etc) -I strongly dislike shedding
Anything brachycephalic (bostons, pugs, frenchies) - I refuse to live with a dog bred to be unable to breathe. I find it extremely unethical

that's just the top few of my "never" list

I have a border terrier/pug mix named Rascal. Lots of people say that mix is too much to handle and not kid friendly but he is a wonderful dog. If anything I'd say hes overly friendly! He is an escape artist and isn't the smartest dog to say the least so I have to keep him on a rope (but it's over 10 ft long, don't worry) when hes outside but. He is extremely friendly, loves to play (especially with his best friend the great pyrenees mix, Dakota), and he isn't picky on his food

Last edited:

Anything brachycephalic (bostons, pugs, frenchies) - I refuse to live with a dog bred to be unable to breathe. I find it extremely unethical

Just a couple comments. Do you think maybe you have the Maltese mixed up with another breed? I have never seen a Maltese with a squishy face. I have had Pugs, but none of mine had trouble breathing. I did check the parents before I bought my puppy and made sure none were "snorters". I did find they did not tolerate hot weather.

Just a couple comments. Do you think maybe you have the Maltese mixed up with another breed? I have never seen a Maltese with a squishy face. I have had Pugs, but none of mine had trouble breathing. I did check the parents before I bought my puppy and made sure none were "snorters". I did find they did not tolerate hot weather.
I didn't mean squishy, I mean short. They have short faces.

All of the pugs I've met had audible wheezing and gasping

Even the most well bred animals have these issues : http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-dogs-that-never-sleep.html

I have a border terrier/pig mix named Rascal. Lots of people say that mix is too much to handle and not kid friendly but he is a wonderful dog. If anything I'd say hes overly friendly! He is an escape artist and isn't the smartest dog to say the least so I have to keep him on a rope (but it's over 10 ft long, don't worry) when hes outside but. He is extremely friendly, loves to play (especially with his best friend the great pyrenees mix, Dakota), and he isn't picky on his food

Didn't know pigs could breed with dogs!
(im joking :D)

I have a border terrier/pig mix named Rascal. Lots of people say that mix is too much to handle and not kid friendly but he is a wonderful dog. If anything I'd say hes overly friendly! He is an escape artist and isn't the smartest dog to say the least so I have to keep him on a rope (but it's over 10 ft long, don't worry) when hes outside but. He is extremely friendly, loves to play (especially with his best friend the great pyrenees mix, Dakota), and he isn't picky on his food
20200820_223759.jpg

I didn't mean squishy, I mean short. They have short faces.

All of the pugs I've met had audible wheezing and gasping

Even the most well bred animals have these issues : http://pedigreedogsexposed.blogspot.com/2021/01/the-dogs-that-never-sleep.html
The wheezing you are talking about is from a too long soft palate. It is fixable with surgery but it isn't cheap to do so. According to my vet, the condition is hereditary and in my humble opinion, dogs exhibiting this trait should not be bred.

The first Pug I had was given to me and he was a snorter. He was also very short winded. My vet fixed him up. However, in later years when I decided to get a Pug puppy I made sure that the parents did not have that condition. My Pugs did on occasion snore, but then so does my Fox Terrier Chihuahua cross Pixie and she doesn't have a short nose.

I am certainly no expert on Pugs. I have never bred them, I have never shown them, and I don't intend to ever do either. I just know what mine were like. They were very active, loved to chase a ball, wrestle with each other and they didn't seem to get out of breath doing so. However, as I said, they were not tolerant of hot weather.

I really enjoyed my Pugs. They have a delightful personality and temperament. They love people. I will admit they are kind of funny looking. They always reminded me of the results of a bad blind date between a gargoyle and a manatee.

How dare you! Lol

Back
Top Bottom