What if your back yard eggs got the "Cheerios" treatment by the FDA?

I read this story on Drudge.....since the company says Cheerios lowers cholesteral, it is now considered a drug, and GM is breaking the drug laws.

The FDA took issue with Cheerios boxes that say the cereal can lower cholesterol. That statement qualifies Cheerios under U.S. regulations as an unapproved new drug, the FDA said.

Read the whole story here

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601202&sid=ajfZZtGpIemc

I love Cheerios, to heck with the FDA. There are more products out there that need to be checked on than Cheerios.

Waste of our tax dollars.

Cheri​

The foolish thing is, it's not just Cheerios that lowers cholesterol. Diets high in fiber lower cholesterol. I guess the apple association needs to get FDA approval for that old saying about an apple a day.

Quote:
I'm not weak minded enough to get worked up over the media. My friends and co-workers that buy my eggs also see the government and media for the fluff they are. It wouldn't effect my chicken keeping. They can take my chickens right after they take my guns and ammo. I think I'd give them the ammo first.

I don't believe everything I read in the media.
smile.png

Hopefully, more people will realize that news requires one to go out and do personal research about the topic at hand, as well. I get my news from online sources, not the TV or radio, so I am able to search and educate myself on any topic I might feel slightly concerned about.

I think the most important thing is to continue to educate people about backyard chickens. The more people who understand, the more information will be made available to the general public.
smile.png

After a bit of thinking I've come up with a solution for this. We should buy more Cheerios. Lots of them really. Go a bit nutty with it. At this point everything the media says should be doubted. We just need to prove to them that no one is listening or better yet they are listening, recognize a pile of manure when they see one, and are doing exactly what they told us we shouldn't.

Man do I have a craving for some Cheerios now.

Quote:
I remain in pariah status here at BYC, so that would be no big deal. Most people I know are pretty sure Im a whack job anyway, and being a poultry crank only further cements that opinion in their minds. No change, there.
If no one bought my eggs and I went broke? I'd file for every extension available, take every forbearance I could get, I'd tap into the Obama Plan and get on the government dole, or actually go back to work at a real job. I reckon this stuff ought to allow me to ride out the publicity if I needed to.
BUT, since there is no such thing as bad publicity, I would find a way to turn it all to my advantage and keep on keepin' on. Unlike all the "bad eggs" out there, mine would be free of sin and guilt - c'mon by TizNotta Farm and I'll prove it to you... Guaranteed, or your money back!

Interesting and insightful question.

I would just keep my chickens. Since I can't sell eggs... More pound cake for me!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people I know are pretty sure Im a whack job anyway, and being a poultry crank only further cements that opinion in their minds. No change, there.

Are we related?
gig.gif

As for cereals, they are all garbage. Extruded cereals are all unhealthy. And since lower cholesterol means a mortality INCREASE (especially for older women), all these claims are useless.

Cholesterol does not cause heart disease. Cholesterol is what your body uses to REPAIR arteries. It causes clogs and problems when you have inflammation due to ingesting sugars (and grains are basically sugars).

Lowering your cholesterol to prevent heart disease is like trying to put out a house fire by shooting the firemen as they go in the door.​

Back
Top Bottom