What if your back yard eggs got the "Cheerios" treatment by the FDA?

Quote:
Oh no! Rancherhicks---that subject again! I can't remember the thread from yesterday. Can you? So we can re-direct things! Ha! Don't go there!!!! Oh yeah its "the state killed all my friends chickens". Something like that... Save us all some energy. Speckled hen did a real good job on that topic...
hide.gif
hide.gif

Its processed oats and other stuff, in a box. Not really the Fountain of Youth, you know?

Speaking of the box....

"Let me tell you about two studies which were not published. The first was described by Paul Stitt who wrote about an experiment conducted by a cereal company in which four sets of rats were given special diets. One group received plain whole wheat, water and synthetic vitamins and minerals. A second group received puffed wheat (an extruded cereal), water and the same nutrient solution. A third set was given only water. A fourth set was given nothing but water and chemical nutrients. The rats that received the whole wheat lived over a year on this diet. The rats that got nothing but water and vitamins lived about two months. The animals on water alone lived about a month. But the company's own laboratory study showed that the rats given the vitamins, water and all the puffed wheat they wanted died within two weeks---they died before the rats that got no food at all. It wasn't a matter of the rats dying of malnutrition. Autopsy revealed dysfunction of the pancreas, liver and kidneys and degeneration of the nerves of the spine, all signs of insulin shock.

Results like these suggested that there was something actually very toxic in the puffed wheat itself! Proteins are very similar to certain toxins in molecular structure, and the pressure of the puffing process may produce chemical changes, which turn a nutritious grain into a poisonous substance.

Another unpublished experiment was carried out in the 1960s. Researchers at University of Michigan were given 18 laboratory rats. They were divided into three groups: one group received corn flakes and water; a second group was given the cardboard box that the corn flakes came in and water; the control group received rat chow and water. The rats in the control group remained in good health throughout the experiment. The rats eating the box became lethargic and eventually died of malnutrition. But the rats receiving the corn flakes and water died before the rats that were eating the box! (The last corn flake rat died the day the first box rat died.) But before death, the corn flake rats developed schizophrenic behavior, threw fits, bit each other and finally went into convulsions. The startling conclusion of this study is that there was more nourishment in the box than there was in the corn flakes.

This experiment was actually designed as a joke, but the results were far from funny. The results were never published and similar studies have not been conducted. "
http://www.westonaprice.org/modernfood/dirty-secrets.html

I'm just amazed that the FDA is actually doing something. As a nutrition researcher, it amazes me how many health claims are made on food boxes that are either 1) general nutrition knowledge in the first place and is that year's new miracle for weight loss, etc. OR 2) not entirely true. The problem is that people who don't know about nutrition pay more attention to the cheerios box than their doctor. Sure, you can eat cheerios every morning for breakfast, and then have bacon and pizza for every other meal and think you are healthy.

I think that if too many backyard flocks start and it begins to hurt the commercial egg and chicken business we will see propaganda about how bad it is maybe even lobbing to keep zoning against it I don't think these things often start with the government it is the companies and their lobbyist with their own agenda enticing the crooked politicians into playing along.
sad.png

I think that if too many backyard flocks start and it begins to hurt the commercial egg and chicken business we will see propaganda about how bad it is maybe even lobbing to keep zoning against it I don't think these things often start with the government it is the companies and their lobbyist with their own agenda enticing the crooked politicians into playing along.

EXACTLY!​

Anyone who has herded a prey animal (cattle, goats, sheep, etc) through the same area on a regular basis, and then set a bucket or something along the path has seen that the cows/sheep etc all STOP, crane their necks, pop their shoulders and snort/snuff/huff and shy at the new thing, even if it's something they've seen in other places all their lives. A routine 'trip' from one pasture to another can end up taking an hour or more longer just because of a new branch, truck or any everyday item...

Now have any of you driven in Seattle (or any other huge city) and been in traffic wondering why it was taking you 3 hours to get through an area that usually takes 20-30 minutes? Then you finally get up to (Dun dun dun!) a man changing a flat tire or a cop sitting there on the side of the rd MY GOODNESS!

The moral of this story, it seems to me people are becoming more and more like stupid mindless livestock... so of course they blindly allow the media to run their lives! Thank goodness for normal sane smart people like us who raise animals instead of stooping below their level :p

here's the thing that gets me about all this hopping around... all the stuff the advertise - especially cereal... its not food! dang - its just a head shaker.

how about this if you want to be more healthy - eat oatmeal, REAL oatmeal not that hyper-sugard-over-processed stuff.

then get up off your bottom and get some exercise - which is not walking from your car into the gas-n-sip for a gallon sized soda

then - make your own dinner - which does not involve yelling into a clown's mouth (and if you really want to go for broke - GROW your own dinner)

then - eat it WITH YOUR FAMILY

i know i know... shocking

but back to the point - who really believed that cheerios was a health food?

Back
Top Bottom