What is happening to my chicks?

There were four that were puffed up and only one made it. I heard medicated chick feed was created to help with coccidiosis, do you think switching them to medicated feed will help?
I would go to the feed stored and buy some Corid.

Liquid Corid dose is 2tsp or Powdered Corid dose is 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.

Medicated feed that has Amprolium in it has a very small amount of medication and will not treat an outbreak. Just get the medication and treat your birds instead of hoping.

Attachments

• 1650740893571.jpeg
    1650740893571.jpeg
    13.8 KB · Views: 1
  • 1650740900151.jpeg
    1650740900151.jpeg
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
There were four that were puffed up and only one made it. I heard medicated chick feed was created to help with coccidiosis, do you think switching them to medicated feed will help?
Once they're showing symptoms, it probably wouldn't be enough. Most medicated feed has a minimal dose of amprolium - it's meant to be used proactively to help ward off coccidiosis. It's not a treatment if they already have it due to the lower dosage.

We went through the same thing and we treated our whole flock after we lost the first chick. We ended up losing another one 4 days later which was on the same day we started treating with the corid. All our other chicks are doing great and have recovered nicely. I know it saved my chicks treating them with corid.

Back
Top Bottom