What is one thing you want to do before you die?

NEVER?! OMG!
Never!
350px-Sverigekarta-Landskap_Text.svg.png

Makes sense if you look at the map, I'm in Södermanland and the only place you can see them in sweden is Lappland

I don't think I'll ever have grandkids. My oldest is 31 and super career-focused. She's not even going byerested in getting into a relationship. My middle is engaged to a woman who doesn't want children. My youngest has special needs and won't be able to parent.

But I do have two grand-dogs and a grand-cat, I guess. Not quite the same, but better than nothing?
I think we have to take what we can get. I'm glad none of my grandkids seem to want to propagate themselves, there is way too much mental illness, substance abuse and so forth in our genetics. Enough misery, stop the cycle. Have puppies and kittens, lizards and birds! Be happy!

I think we have to take what we can get. I'm glad none of my grandkids seem to want to propagate themselves, there is way too much mental illness, substance abuse and so forth in our genetics. Enough misery, stop the cycle. Have puppies and kittens, lizards and birds! Be happy!
Tbf this is understandable. I used to want to adopt kids, maybe have a baby, but not likely to anymore. I think more people need to break the cycle. I don't think I'd be a good enough parent, so I won't parent---
Now, a mother to ducks, pigs, and pups? Yes 😂

Kind of difficult to find a partner who wants the same though, so I may end up being a crazy old bird lady 🤷‍♀️

More people (IMO) need to consider the childless option. My brother and his wife did, right from the start, and they've had a merry life, doing lots of traveling all over the world, going on a cruise or vacation every year, and they're not wealthy. They just have nothing to spend their money on but themselves. I don't envy them, I have two kids I love dearly, it's just a different choice. But the world has enough people and is getting awfully crowded, and its resources are growing thin. Just something to think about. A person is not a weirdo if they choose not to replicate themselves. You can have love without making babies.

Tbf this is understandable. I used to want to adopt kids, maybe have a baby, but not likely to anymore. I think more people need to break the cycle. I don't think I'd be a good enough parent, so I won't parent---
Now, a mother to ducks, pigs, and pups? Yes 😂

Kind of difficult to find a partner who wants the same though, so I may end up being a crazy old bird lady 🤷‍♀️
A mature way of thinking.

More people (IMO) need to consider the childless option. My brother and his wife did, right from the start, and they've had a merry life, doing lots of traveling all over the world, going on a cruise or vacation every year, and they're not wealthy. They just have nothing to spend their money on but themselves. I don't envy them, I have two kids I love dearly, it's just a different choice. But the world has enough people and is getting awfully crowded, and its resources are growing thin. Just something to think about. A person is not a weirdo if they choose not to replicate themselves. You can have love without making babies.
Agree 100%
I'm vegan, so pretty big on protecting the environment. My ideal life would be exploring nature and settling down with that special someone. Taking on a bunch of rescue animals, etc etc. That would be the best choice for me, I believe

This is a very narrow minded way of thinking. Not having children is perfectly normal and someone's personal choice. Telling someone they shouldn't have children because "the world has enough people and is getting awfully crowded, and its resources are growing thin" is disgusting

Now that our kids (grandkids) are practically out of the house ... I am thinking about fostering ... kids. Maybe little ones, short term. Our place is not much fun for kids that want to play and be amused, there is not much to do around here. We'll see. It's just a thought right now.

Agree 100%
I'm vegan, so pretty big on protecting the environment. My ideal life would be exploring nature and settling down with that special someone. Taking on a bunch of rescue animals, etc etc. That would be the best choice for me, I believe
There's nothing wrong with that. But just because someone eats meat doesn't mean they don't want to protect the environment. I'm a huge meat eater but I still love exploring nature, going hiking and fishing and hunting

Back
Top Bottom