WHAT Is THIS?! Spider/Bug Thing!!!

rodriguezpoultry

Langshan Lover
11 Years
Jan 4, 2009
Claremore, OK
This is crawling on my sofa. What the heck is it?! It moves SLOWLY, but that could be from the Febreze I tried to murder it with. (It did not move like a spider does when sprayed with Febreze.)

DSCF1113.jpg

DSCF1111.jpg

Quote:
Hehe. A reply from redhen in the other pets and livestock section where her first words aren't "I want one!!!!!!"
gig.gif

I'm not sure about the right name, but we call them harvester spiders. Be glad its not a cave cricket thingy, those are horrendusly ugly!

Did the febreeze kill it? That thing is
sickbyc.gif

I tried, but it ran! I couldn't get close to it. I did the "I'm a big girl but can't stand spiders" dance and started hyperventilating. I just can't take spiders. ESPECIALLY when they are in my apartment. That being said, I've kind of grown attached to a big fuzzy black and white spider with green eyes. They "jump" rather than run...He's been killing all the fiddlebacks, so he is allowed to stay.

Quote:
Hehe. A reply from redhen in the other pets and livestock section where her first words aren't "I want one!!!!!!"
gig.gif

LOL..i know...
Now that you mention it.. it IS a teeny bit cute....
tongue.png

Quote:
Hmm...no, Harvester Spiders look like our "Daddy Longlegs" This one has a MUCH larger body than legs. The body was about the size of a dime, with the legs not extending further than a quarter in diameter.

Back
Top Bottom