What is with some women......................

Quote:
I love you people!!
celebrate.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
I didn't realize that admiring accessories was considered liberal.

I don't think that admiring accesories is considered liberal. I do think that may men are afraid of appearing too feminine. Plus, guys don't seem to notice things like a purse or earrings. They might like the overall look of a woman's outfit but they don't break down why the parts of the outfit that they like. Does that make sense?

We moved when my 3rd baby was about 8 months old, so I spent a lot of time in Lowes buying (and returning) a lot of stuff to fix up the old house and the new house. One morning, I went alone to Lowes to return some items and pick up the right ones and there was a lady at the counter with a long drawn out problem. There was only one guy in line behind her. When it became obvious I was going to be here a while, I sat on a folding chair cause I was really tired and he sat on his bucket of roofing tar.

He kept looking at me and I was a little embarrasssed. I thought it was because I'd been yawning so much, so I apologized for yawning and explained I had a baby at home. He asked if I was married and I said yes. (I wasn't wearing my wedding ring - I took it off during the pregnancy and hadn't put it back on yet) He said it was always the pretty ones that were married. He sounded upset over it, like he wanted to ask me out. That compliment really meant a lot to me because I still had a good bit of weight to lose after the baby and I felt kinda frumpy after the dirty jobs I'd been doing to get the houses ready. I thanked him for the compliment.

First thing I did when I got home was dig my wedding ring out and put it on. I told my husband about it and he just smiled and joked with me.
tongue.png

Quote:
I didn't realize that admiring accessories was considered liberal.

I don't think that admiring accesories is considered liberal. I do think that may men are afraid of appearing too feminine. Plus, guys don't seem to notice things like a purse or earrings. They might like the overall look of a woman's outfit but they don't break down why the parts of the outfit that they like. Does that make sense?

perfect sense. That being said, I love a guy who notices a new haircut or earrings.

That was not what I was getting here, sorry. I was making an attempt to point out that if a guy said that to a guy where I live.... well the one complimented would probably deck the other due to thinking he LIKED him (if you get my drift now......) UNLESS they were REALLY good friends and joking around.

Had a bad migraine last night and not much sleep so not firing on all cylinders quite yet....

Quote:
I would have reacted differently. I would have thought that any guy trying to pick up chicks at Lowes is a creeper. A total stranger asking if you are married and telling you that you are pretty? Can you say, potential stalker? JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom