What is your chickens favorite healthy human food?

My girls love bananas, hot oatmeal in the winter, yogurt, left over cobs after we've eaten the kernels off them, and of course ears of raw corn! My husband also cooks them spaghetti noodles in the winter... He thinks they think they're eating worms!

Grapes, bread, pumpkin, squash, apple, pear, banana, raisins, pear, corn, green beans, carrots, celery, peas, beets, brocculi, berries, brussel sprouts, cottage cheese, cauliflower, parsley, coconut, cucumber, eggplant, fig, guava, melons, mango, peach, plum, pineapple, radish, spinach, potatoes, tomatoes, turnips and yams, and any kind of seed or nut. Grasshoppers, Crickets and several bugs are tasty and healthy for your chicken. Even cheese is delicious and healthy.
droolin.gif
Cheese helps their feathers grow back very quickly and efficiently. If you feed your chicken cheddar cheese especially, you will see that each day the feathers are growing back already! Good for bald hens!
big_smile.png

D.gif

Last edited:
Hi, I make pancakes for my chickens out of the powdery leftover from their expensive organic feed. If your chickens are like mine and quickly gobble up all the cracked corn and turn their noses up at the remains, (which incidentally comprises most of the feed!) you might try what I do or simply add their feed to the pancake batter. I sift out the bits of foreign matter and add some flour, bak. powder. 1 egg and a bit of oil so that it has a consistency similar to pancakes. They eat every bit and I don't waste the fancy feed. It is a bit of trouble but they are so spoiled anyway! It sounds like your girls are really spoiled to. :D

Back
Top Bottom