What is your dream chicken breed?

Dual-purpose, pea comb, comes in many colors, lays brown eggs.

(Like Wyandottes, Plymouth Rocks, Orpingtons--but none of those have pea combs. And Buckeyes only come in one color.)
What about Brahmas?

I want black Sultans, Silver Gray Dorkings, Breda Fowl, Dark Brahmas, Faverolles, Barred Rocks, rose comb brown leghorns, some dark brown layers, and green-speckled layers. Oh and wheaten, buff, and lavender Ameraucanas...When we finish building our house, I want a big bantam space outside my office for Ameraucanas, Easter Eggers, Welsummers, Cochins, Polish, OEG, D'uccles...It's fun to dream! But I also love keeping the flock size manageable, so trying all these different breeds is going to be a long, slooow marathon, not a sprint :wee

At some point I would like an Isabel Ameraucanas (Lavender Wheaten). I have pretty much everything else I have ever wanted. I have been thinking about free ranging with some red junglefowl but other than using them as conversation pieces to talk about chicken history, not sure how useful they would be to me over all the others I keep 😅

My brother LOVES his Wyandotts, so I am familiar with the breed. Your birds are pretty BTW.
Thank you, I just love them, love to hug those chunky Roos, too. They are hilarious, their expressions, sometimes when I 1st grab a Roo to hug, he looks at me all tough & surprised, like "Wait a minute, I am a tough Roo, I was just practicing my strut looking all cool for the ladies & now you're snuggling me like a big baby." Yet they immediately hunker down in my lap, let me pet them and make their little sweet sounds, some even close their eyes, it is just so funny to watch Mr. Tough guy turned into Mr. Mellow. Of course when I finish petting, eventually realization snuggle time is done, Roo hops off my lap and starts strutting around for the ladies again, maybe even chases a hen to try and resume some tough guy Rooster dignity Lol. They make me laugh everyday, I enjoy them so much.

Back
Top Bottom