What is Your Favorite Christmas Dish? (PARTY!)

I think I am going to give this a try for dinner on Christmas

family is craving dressing so I will make stand alone dressing with chicken stock and butter... of course the usual onions and Celery... I may mix in some of the moraccan spices to keep the flavor profile complementary to the roast.

There may be enough fat from the roast to make gravy so I will do that as well.

Then Maybe a saled of quick pickled Cucumber and onions with a little Olive oil drizzled on top. And of course Cranberry sauce and sourdough bread. No rolls

I also have Mustard greens to cook I may add those too. Son doesnt like em but mom and I do...

deb

decorating cookies is even more fun than eating them!
3 french hens.jpg

My family immigrated from Italy in the early 1900's. One tradition we have is The feast of the seven fishes. On Xmas eve, we basically eat until we bust - 7 different fish dishes. My favorite is stuffed squid marinara on linguini.

Then Xmas day - my wife ancestors are english - so we do a traditional english meal: Beef Wellington (tenderloin wrapped in pate, then baked inside a pastry dough.)

but that stuffed squid - my favorite by far.

My family immigrated from Italy in the early 1900's. One tradition we have is The feast of the seven fishes. On Xmas eve, we basically eat until we bust - 7 different fish dishes. My favorite is stuffed squid marinara on linguini.

Then Xmas day - my wife ancestors are english - so we do a traditional english meal: Beef Wellington (tenderloin wrapped in pate, then baked inside a pastry dough.)

but that stuffed squid - my favorite by far.
I want to eat at your house..... My first boyfreind was half Italian His Mom could cook big time. She taught me how to make Clam sauce and spagetti sauce... the quick kind.... I will never eat spaghetti sauce with Hamburger again...

I am making oyster stew tonight... Potato soup base. Add in some Sauteed Onions some herbage and the liquor from the oysters... Then slip in the oysters and cook till they are done. Havent made it in years....

deb

Back
Top Bottom