What Kind of Dog Does Your Chicken Have?

My chickens have three:
a pug
a blind Australian Shepherd
a lab/doberman mix
The dogs ignore them. The pug used to chase them when he was younger. All are 8-10 years old, neutered males, lazy old beasts!

2 beagles, 2 dachsounds, 2 mutts and a Norwegian elkhound.....think i need more?
th.gif
th.gif
:lau

My chickens have a protector--our Red Aussie
and they have a predator--our red dobbie

I want to get a new puppy, either our neighbors Mastiff mixes, or an Irish Wolfhound; and train the little one from the moment they come on the prop to protect the chickies

Our chickens have their own border collie who thinks she's 'moving' the birds around the yard, but really I think it's more like following them.

We have two chicks now and they're more bonded to the dog than to us. The dog spends the ENTIRE day - not kidding - staring at them in their little baby run, nose pressed up against the hardware mesh. They peck her nose.

We'd let her hang out with them unfenced, perhaps (she's reliable even with kittens), except she still licks her lips when we pick up the baby chicks.
tongue.png

Mine have a Bullmastiff. He likes to run around their enclosure. At first it used to really bother them, but now they come right up to him. If he sticks his nose through the fencing they will give him a peck!

My chickens have a Dottie-- a Cairn Terrier, shown here before her first beauty salon haircut:

Hairy-1.jpg

Dottie is FINALLY learning, after 4 months, that she is not allowed to touch the chickens.

Now, the chickens also have a cat who doesnt protect them- he protects himself from them. They seem to like to chase him and peck at his butt.

my gals have a 120LB Malamute and a 20LB toy fox terrier...and a cat...

the lil dog walks aroung with the chickens as they are free ranging and the funny thing is 4 of my chickens are black and white..and my dog id black and white there have been a few times when i am counting my chickens (just to keep track of them while they are freeranging)...well I have counted 5 black and white hens....so now that dog has the nick name of chicken dog.....the bigger dog want so much to smell thier butts but they keep running away from her...she will be sitting in the yard and be chewing on a bone and one of the chickens will come check out what she has and she will not even growl at them...she tries to play to rough somethins tho

Back
Top Bottom