What kind of rooster?

Now see, I do love the Langshans as well and my fella is a sweetie. Here he is in front of a Red Star.........

9332_langshans_blk_roo.jpg

but for color I have quite a few other roos...........

birchen Cochin
9332_bc_baby.jpg

Splash Araucana
9332_rainbow_a.jpg

Easter Egger
9332_aristotle_handsome.jpg

Here's my tolbunt frizzle polish roo. He is one of the nicest birds I have - He runs over to me, and I can pick him up and carry him around w/o him fussing like some of my others. He is a standard polish, and really is quite big. He's as tall as our well pipe thacomes out of the ground which is 1.5 feet tall. Not as large as some, but he makes a huge statement in our yard!!

27475_img_2033.jpg

27475_img_2017.jpg

Quote:
Thor is beautiful and I love Brahmas. I have a light Brahma hen and a buff Brahma Bantam. My light Brahama is slow to mature and she pecks my hand every chance she gets. But I still love her. She peeps like a little baby when she sleeps.

Quote:
He's so pretty! I looked at that first shot and thought, "Where's his head?" Thanks for including the second pic for folks like me who aren't really familiar with the breed.

Last edited:
The Production BRs are so sweet... Ours was an Ideal PP that impressioned himself to my DD. Around his testosterone teens he got a little frisky for about a week and all we had to do was put him in his place a few times that week and he was his same old sweet self from then on. He was about 3-4 mos in these pics, just getting in his mantail.
DD hugging her Raoul(RIP)
5702-R1-00-00A_001.jpg

And displaying him
5702-R1-01-0A_002.jpg

I love my LF Cochins. There sweethearts! (If you can get over hqw big they are
wink.png
)

Heres a baby pic of my rooster Velvet ( Affectionaly nicknamed "Blob")
39309_dscn1165.jpg

He's up to 13 pounds now... Still Growing!!

Quote:
Thor is beautiful and I love Brahmas. I have a light Brahma hen and a buff Brahma Bantam. My light Brahama is slow to mature and she pecks my hand every chance she gets. But I still love her. She peeps like a little baby when she sleeps.

Thanks
smile.png
I love my roo!

If you want a rooster that is big, gentle, and getting more colorfull all the time, I agree Brahmas are hard to beat. Their looks may draw you to them, but its their personallity that will seal the deal. Plus they have a pea comb, so no worry about freezing injuries in cold climates. Go to feathersite.com and drool over some of Brahma photos they have posted, or any other breed you have ever heard of, and many more you haven't.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom