What poultry product do you wish you had?

Pics
An actual consumer freindly bumblefoot kit with debridement tools, a suitable dermal punch maybe even a wound packer and foot wrap.
It would be heaven just to be able to purchase a kit and not have to scrounge one up.
What size dermal punch do you think would be most suitable for a complete kit? I'm thinking 5mm is good measure, but possibly too deep for banties or quail.

What size dermal punch do you think would be most suitable for a complete kit? I'm thinking 5mm is good measure, but possibly too deep for banties or quail.
2mm and 4mm are the ones that get used most out of my current set.
So two punches included would cover most sizes of birds and bumbles.
Disposable punches would obviously be more cost effective.
s-l400.jpg

2mm and 4mm are the ones that get used most out of my current set.
So two punches included would cover most sizes of birds and bumbles.
Disposable punches would obviously be more cost effective.
View attachment 1894110
What if each kit had 4 disposable punches (2x 2mm and 2x 4mm) plus a few other specially selected items?

Honestly, I think I could put together a complete bumblefoot kit for roundabout $20.

That sounds perfect! It would really appeal to first timers and people who have delt with them before.
Tools if you have none and don't even know what you need and you find a kit that sorts it all out for you omg that is priceless.
Maybe even include a little very general info and instruction insert.
What if each kit had 4 disposable punches (2x 2mm and 2x 4mm) plus a few other specially selected items?

Honestly, I think I could put together a complete bumblefoot kit for roundabout $20.

That sounds perfect! It would really appeal to first timers and people who have delt with them before.
Tools if you have none and don't even know what you need and you find a kit that sorts it all out for you omg that is priceless.
Maybe even include a little very general info and instruction insert.
Post and preop info and instructions will be included.
I found all items needed. Calculated cost of production is too close to $20 for the kit to be $20 without losing money. And a standard shipping rate using a USPS flat rate box raises the end cost higher.
Total cost would be $50 for the consumer, including shipping. The kit would have ample extra material and tools that could be sterilized and reused. In my mind, that is a fair price given what's included and how many uses you get out of one kit. Not to mention money saved on vet costs.

The rain cannot get to my feeders, I do have them covered. However, living in Louisiana, the humidity does a real number on the pellet food making it soft almost soggy. I try not to put much in the feeders at a time, but even small amounts can become stuck together, making the feeders not drop the food as they should. I've even tried mixing the pellets with corn feed - helped, but not too much. Will not move elsewhere because of four chickens!! LOL

Back
Top Bottom