What poultry product do you wish you had?

The rain cannot get to my feeders, I do have them covered. However, living in Louisiana, the humidity does a real number on the pellet food making it soft almost soggy. I try not to put much in the feeders at a time, but even small amounts can become stuck together, making the feeders not drop the food as they should. I've even tried mixing the pellets with corn feed - helped, but not too much. Will not move elsewhere because of four chickens!! LOL
How about a wet mash instead?

I'm still awaiting that magical chicken pill that'll keep my babies alive forever...

I haven't seen anyone make one yet. I mean...it's not a big thing to ask for right? :confused:

In the four years I've had chickens, I've never even given this a thought!! Didn't even know it existed!! Is there a special food or do I just improvise with what I have - I've never heard of a wet mash!! I am blown away!! :celebrate

In the four years I've had chickens, I've never even given this a thought!! Didn't even know it existed!! Is there a special food or do I just improvise with what I have - I've never heard of a wet mash!! I am blown away!! :celebrate
Any food. Just mix in a little water until it's an oatmeal consistency and serve it to your flock. Most chickens prefer the wet feed.

Thank you!! Need to do this when I go away for a couple of days. Hate coming home to find all the food stuck together and my Ladies unable to eat nor free range while I'm gone!! Had even added a tiny bucket to fill with food so it didn't need to flow down so they could eat, but that, too, got almost solid!! Appreciate you advice!!

I'm not looking to make a fortune. I want to be low cost. Maybe a 20% profit for each visit. Animal care shouldn't cost an arm and a leg.

I wish you well. A vet visit around here is easily $60.00. I can buy 20 healthy chicks for the price of one vet visit, just to put things in perspective, and our vets don't know much about poultry anyway so it would be a waste of money. I think it would be great to have a vet that knew something about poultry and was affordable.

Elector PSP in ‘backyard chicken keeper’ size...... It worked like magic but Had to buy an 8 oz bottle for > $140 plus shipping..... I didn’t even need 1/2 oz :eek: It would be nice to be able to buy just 1/2 oz or 1 oz size. In 10 years of chickening first time with external parasites that bottle was sticker shock! Did not want to use permethrin, worry about cats in the neighborhood and also liked that I only had to treat coop and birds once.

Elector PSP in ‘backyard chicken keeper’ size...... It worked like magic but Had to buy an 8 oz bottle for > $140 plus shipping..... I didn’t even need 1/2 oz :eek: It would be nice to be able to buy just 1/2 oz or 1 oz size. In 10 years of chickening first time with external parasites that bottle was sticker shock! Did not want to use permethrin, worry about cats in the neighborhood and also liked that I only had to treat coop and birds once.
I think that is doable. :)
I agree, no backyard flock keeper needs that much.

How many birds do you have?

I think that is doable. :)
I agree, no backyard flock keeper needs that much.

How many birds do you have?
Lost Shirley, approx 8 year old EE last month so down to 8... I gave away an oz each to folks with small flock but when I bought the 8oz bottle I kept thinking that some of these things would be great to be available in smaller sizes.

Back
Top Bottom