What should I feed my Mandarin ducks?

EmmaGRS

Songster
May 31, 2021
Hello! I’m getting a pair of mandarins this week, I’m super excited as this has been a goal of mine for a couple years l. I’ve done some research, I’ve seen people use all flock, which is what I use for my ducks and chickens, and incorporate other bird seed and mealworms. I also heard Mazuri has good feed for exotic waterfowl. If anyone knows any brand that’s good, that you could find at your local feed store it’d be great if you could tell me the brand. Thank you in advance! I’ve also posted this to the duck forum.

I use all flock,sometimes i mix with scratch grains.Mealworms will work better than mazuri.My ducks follow me around pens waiting for it.Mandarins and wood ducks are a little more wild than some of the others but still let me get somewhat close.All but divers get spooky when i have a net but its shipping time so it will end soon!

Okay, I’ll definitely look around. I just didn’t know if they needed anything special since they’re more exotic and not like your typical backyard ducks. Thank you!!

Hello! I’m getting a pair of mandarins this week, I’m super excited as this has been a goal of mine for a couple years l. I’ve done some research, I’ve seen people use all flock, which is what I use for my ducks and chickens, and incorporate other bird seed and mealworms. I also heard Mazuri has good feed for exotic waterfowl. If anyone knows any brand that’s good, that you could find at your local feed store it’d be great if you could tell me the brand. Thank you in advance! I’ve also posted this to the duck forum.
I use all flock whatever tractor supply has. I also use crumble instead of pellet but I also have tiny teal. My Wood ducks eat acorns when they fall it's hard to believe they can swallow them. During breeding season I use some layer crumble. I also use Mazuri it's 3x the price of all flock that's why I use the other feed also. The Mazuri floats for a bit so it's fun feeding them on the water, they will get spoiled with it and prefer it.

I use all flock whatever tractor supply has. I also use crumble instead of pellet but I also have tiny teal. My Wood ducks eat acorns when they fall it's hard to believe they can swallow them. During breeding season I use some layer crumble. I also use Mazuri it's 3x the price of all flock that's why I use the other feed also. The Mazuri floats for a bit so it's fun feeding them on the water, they will get spoiled with it and prefer it.
Ahh okay, thank you. I'm considering just getting them all flock to feed on whenever, and then the mazuri feed when I'm in their enclosure trying to get them used to me. Do they like meal worms too? I'd assume so. Is there anything else you might know of that I can mix with their all flock to give them more nutrients? This is my first time owning them, and I don't want to feed them incorrectly haha.

No problem. And I'm no expert, so I may be wrong. But good luck!
I have golden pheasants and manderin ducks in same aviary 10 x 3 m and feed them sunflower seeds mix grain and a little scrabbled egg to boost protein my peacocks get same and a little more scrammbled eggs. We have x lot of chickens!
Peter Spain

Back
Top Bottom