What to do??!!!

I have them on a Scratch and Peck organic layer feed I only give them meal worms on occasion not daily
I promise I am not trying to give you a hard time.

This is a whole grain type feed correct? The problem with these type feeds is the bird can choose which grain they want to eat and by eating say only one of the grains all the time... Can lead to an unbalanced diet too.

9F107430-2C5C-4E5A-9E31-B90E94A2FF8A.jpeg She just pooped this is it

I have not dewormed them I have wazine17 on hand will that work or do I need to get something else? I would have to order online I am in a rural part of Alaska and we do not have access to things
Wazine is ok for roundworms only.
Since you have it on hand I don't think it would hurt to go ahead and use it.

I'm guessing the problem is one of three things....
Worms
Reproductive tract issues
Infection

The simplest and first thing to try would be deworming.

Wazine is ok for roundworms only.
Since you have it on hand I don't think it would hurt to go ahead and use it.

I'm guessing the problem is one of three things....
Worms
Reproductive tract issues
Infection

The simplest and first thing to try would be deworming.
Ok so I should deworm with wazine17 all 10 or just her? What other dewormer should I order?

Thank you for your help and advice I do greatly appreciate it I have never experienced this before I do think it may be a reproductive issue she hasn’t laid yet and as I was writing this she started making the chicken laying egg song I came checked on her and don’t see an egg wondering if I should give her a soak or maybe she was plugged up

Ok so I should deworm with wazine17 all 10 or just her? What other dewormer should I order?

Thank you for your help and advice I do greatly appreciate it I have never experienced this before I do think it may be a reproductive issue she hasn’t laid yet and as I was writing this she started making the chicken laying egg song I came checked on her and don’t see an egg wondering if I should give her a soak or maybe she was plugged up
Do you have any Tums pills on hand?
I'm thinking she might just be having trouble laying her first egg.
But the poop isn't too good looking so...I think I would go ahead and use the wazine and see if she does actually poop out some worms.

When you soaked her already did you feel inside her vent for an egg?

Do you have any Tums pills on hand?
I'm thinking she might just be having trouble laying her first egg.
But the poop isn't too good looking so...I think I would go ahead and use the wazine and see if she does actually poop out some worms.

When you soaked her already did you feel inside her vent for an egg?
I do have tums on hand how do I go about giving her some and no I have not felt inside her should I eek....

I do have tums on hand how do I go about giving her some and no I have not felt inside her should I eek....
You can try to break the tums up in a couple of pieces and see if she'll eat it out of your hand If not sprinkled it on her food....a small bite of wet food might help trick her to eat it.

If it is a problem with trying to lay an egg the extra calcium will help.

Back
Top Bottom