What to feed pepper and his possy

Rosdez31

Songster
Jan 24, 2019
Washington state
So I'm finding allot of differing opinions on what to feed pheasants, and am looking for some opinions. I have a jumbo ringneck male that lives with 2 hens. What to feed? He seems to be doing fine on scratch n Peck but does he need anything else? And of course balancing his needs with his lasy friend is important.

Scratch and peck is a brand of feed not scratch grains. Sorry I should have specified. I have been feeding starter at 20 percent protein. But I have seen protein requirements for pheasants range from 12 to 28 percent protein, and was worried he was getting too much.

Last edited:
You should be feeding a balanced and complete feed of at least 24% protein . There are many brands out there, find one that fits your needs and those of your birds and that a local feed store carries.
I have my feed custom milled because the local feed stores don't always have what I need in stock.

I appreciate the comments. My concern with gamebird feed is the two chickens he lives with and overloading them. Has anyone out there juggled a mixed pheasant chicken flock?

Back
Top Bottom