What treat did your chickies get today?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Plucky Pullet, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    mickey328, I will look back through my Backyard Poultry Magazines and try to find the article on those beets. Yes, I guess chickens vary like people. Mine snub their noses at lettuce, but love some of the weeds that grown along my driveway.

2. mickey328

mickey328 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Northern Colorado
    That's very kind, Stumpy, thanks! If I can find some seed, I might throw a few in the garden next year for 'em. Wonder if they're good for pickling too...if so I'd put in more...lots for the girls and some for us ;)

3. TommyDaDelaware

TommyDaDelaware Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2012
    Central WI.
    CUCUMBERS! And Tomorrow I'm Definitley bringing a plastic baggie to school, so i can put some bananna Peels or bananas or whatever i (and my BFFS) Dont eat, so they can have those. :) Slip it silently into my sweater pocket! LOL!! [​IMG]

4. ClaytonCoop

ClaytonCoop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2012
    1000 Islands
    My girls got a head of iceberg lettuce today. Yesterday it was seedless green grapes, bananas (no peels) and leftover plain pasta.

5. ClaytonCoop

ClaytonCoop Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2012
    1000 Islands

I am doing the same thing. Trial and error and hope for the best. So far the only thing the girls refused were potatoes.

6. CAjerseychick

CAjerseychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2012
    Northern California!
    Mine love french fries.....

7. Spikes Chooks

Spikes Chooks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Sardines, rolled oats, yoghurt and snow peas. You might know these as sugar snap peas. Here in Sydney, Australia, we are coming into spring so the veggie garden has kicked back in. I notice many of you commenting on the arrival of fall and the drop off in vegetables - in a few months, I will be doing the same!

8. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    I give mine Top Roman noodles every other day.

9. SouthernAlberta

SouthernAlberta Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2012
    Canada - Garden Zone 3
    It was windy yesterday so I turned their mash into porridge so it wouldn't blow away. They liked that.

1 person likes this.
  10. TallChickMagnet

TallChickMagnet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2012
    Jurupa Valley, CA
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by