What treat did your chickies get today?

My hens are 7 months old and for the last few days I am getting 14 eggs out of 16 hens and some days 2 of my white leghorns lay 2 jumbo eggs a piece. I am selling eggs and giving them as gifts to the people who help me when my MS is acting up, and i donated 2 dozen to a family in need who both lost their jobs last month. Even with all of that i still have 5 dozen in the fridge.

That's very kind of you to share. When all mine finally start, I plan on giving some away to whoever wants some. We do eat quite a bit of eggs and I make my own dog food, so he will eat some of the eggs as well. (For Lunch)lol

We finally have cold weather, it has stayed at 32degrees all day. So, cracked corn, kale, apple, oatmeal and will get a bit of BOSS an hour or so before roosting time. They have really been eating their all flock today. The wind is blowing and it's quite chilly.

That's very kind of you to share. When all mine finally start, I plan on giving some away to whoever wants some. We do eat quite a bit of eggs and I make my own dog food, so he will eat some of the eggs as well. (For Lunch)lol

That's what we thought last year, give away extra eggs (since we only want few layers for fresh eggs) until all friends & coworkers decided to order and pay $4.00/doz. Right now they bringing in $28/wk to pay for their feeds, TREATS & coop rent. They got BOSS today since its in 20s F.

That's what we thought last year, give away extra eggs (since we only want few layers for fresh eggs) until all friends & coworkers decided to order and pay $4.00/doz. Right now they bringing in $28/wk to pay for their feeds, TREATS & coop rent. They got BOSS today since its in 20s F.
That's great!
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom