What treat did your chickies get today?

Love the mac and cheese photo! Mine got scuppernongs. There was such a huge crop last year that we resorted to putting whole baskets of them int he freezer and never used them. They really like them.

OnceAroundTheBlock, have you tried Paula Deen's recipe for fried okra? The thing about okra is you've got to pick them before they get too tough.

ALL 11 of my delawares and my 1 Cornish X and 2 of my turkeys got to go outside! The others got some cherries, but they didn't get many, because one turkey tried to swallow a whole cherry.. Not good...

I didn't give them much in the way of treats today, but we did find a scorpion for them to eat. Maybe they will develop a taste for them and rid me of that nuisance!

Scorpion..... yuck

Watermelon and pineapple, cooked rice and a leftover piece of fried chicken that got left in my car overnight. Oh and they tore apart a toad.
sickbyc.gif

I cut down some of the higher blackberry vines to let the girls pick the last berries. This did make me realize WHY I've been seeing black poop around the yard lately... One less thing to worry about!
big_smile.png

Pieces of boiled egg, grapes, small bits of banana, and some slices of overripe strawberries. Some grass seeds, too, along with dandelions, all mixed up. For a little bit the hens were like "..... What is this?", but after some taste testing they all jumped in and gobbled it right up, even the chick and her mom got some.

Back
Top Bottom