What were you doing the morning of 9/11?

I was sleeping in, trying to get some rest from a sinus infection that I was just getting over and my mother came running into my room (me medicated and sleeping like the dead) tried to wake me up and then yelled 'world war III just started' and I woke up like what the heck and went into the living room and saw the footage all over the t.v.

Quote:
God Bless You, Mike. Never got to thank any of the first responder's who were there in the thick of it-but shed lots of tears of gratitude and awe as I watched their courageous actions. So many heroes.....

I was in the car taking my son to preschool. I heard it on a radio station where the guys routinely joke around. It wasn't my regular station, and I remember thinking "what a crass thing to joke about" and switching over to my regular NPR station. Then I knew it was real. I spent much of the rest of the day in front of the TV, crying.

At the pediatricians office with my 1 yr old. Geez it seems like only yesterday.
hmm.png

My 2nd son was born on 9/11/91. I was working a part time job out of the home at the time of the attack. He and his brothers came home from school that day to find their mother balling her eyes out on the living room couch.

I was on the phone trying to get in touch with my sister to find out if my BIL was okay. He is a Marine who worked (works) at the Pentagon. He was okay....they had just moved out of the offices that were hit a couple of days before but were still on the grounds. But it was really scary for our families and especially my sister until we knew he was okay.

Last edited:
Well, "this" may never happen again, but I'm not sure something worse won't.

I was driving the short distance (at the time) from my house to work. It was a beautiful, clear morning. I heard the announcement on the radio and went inside and turned on the TV. That's when I saw the second plane hit.n

Back
Top Bottom