What would you do?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by I-Have-Happy-Hens, May 5, 2011.

1. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    HI

I am thinking of showing some birds and I was thinking if you show some of your birds but not all of them. Would they not be able to live togethere?

Thanks

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  2. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
    I'm not sure if this is what your asking, but a lot of guys use conditioning pens witch are small cages that keep the birds off the ground and away from other birds. They stay in these for the entire show season.

3. cackydoodledoo

cackydoodledoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 7, 2011
    Crazyville, USA
    Is it possible to build a separate smaller coop for the ones you are wanting to show??

4. TK Poultry

TK Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Greencastle, Indiana
    It is a general rule at shows that you bring HEALTHY and PARASITE FREE birds to an exhibition show; out of professional courtesy. I pull out stuff in my breeder pen that looks half way desent and I go to a show. Sometimes I win other times not. I take them home and put them right back into the breeding pen. Its up to you but its not as great of a risk as some think it is.

5. Timmy

Timmy Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    texas
    I think I'm confused (I usually am). Are you concerned with keeping your birds in condition for show or are you worried about your birds getting sick?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by