What's the rule on pantyhose?

I have a dress on order. Cute black number;)
I figure I should have something to wear to the dh's company holiday event. I am always "under dressed"
roll.png

So. Black dress. What color "tights" and shoes??? Dress falls at the knees. Boots are out. I can never find any to fit my calves.:|

I wear pantyhose because I think it feels nicer, personally. It's also a lot warmer. Recently, wearing opaque tights (as opposed to more transparent nylons) has become much more popular. Opaque tights are also much warmer. Anyone can wear them; it's not a young girl's style.

I don't know if there's any certain "rule," or if there is, I've forgotten it. The only rule I know is that it isn't very classy-looking to wear hose with open-toed shoes. Also, it's okay now for hose and shoes to contrast (for example, navy blue tights with brown loafers). Knee-high boots and tights or leggings is also a nice look with a skirt.

No pantyhose. Used to do that for work years ago. I remember tights as a kid and they were a pain too. Remember when you started to outgrow your tights and during the day in second grade the crotch of your tights hanging towards your knees? Always yanking them up.
roll.png
Very annoying.

When I wear a skirt in the winter it's dark hose (like tights) with boots. Or it's just casual slacks with trouser socks. Summertime means freedom from all that stuff! Bare legs and sandals!

I actually use leftover pantyhose tips on my dryer vent to catch the lint.

Rhett&SarahsMom :

I have a dress on order. Cute black number;)
I figure I should have something to wear to the dh's company holiday event. I am always "under dressed"
roll.png

So. Black dress. What color "tights" and shoes??? Dress falls at the knees. Boots are out. I can never find any to fit my calves.:|

Well... for shoes, do you have a purse in mind? A hair clip? Jewelry?
If its a holiday party you can wear silver heels and a purse, I don't really like black dress, black heels and black purse but two colors is good.
You could also do beige/ivory but its not as holiday ( ish)
I think its fun to get dressed up every once in a while and go out with the big people. I like seeing my husband decked out and I know he feels the same about me.
So have fun with it, I would probably do some strappy silver shoes and a little clutch to match (Macy's or whatever the store is being called now)always has nice affordable shoes around the holidays.
The maybe a little rhinestone clip and some drop earrings, bracelet and necklace optional.
As for pantyhose, I guess its a matter of opinion, some here are saying the pantyhose is out and black tights are in, others say not.
But a pair of both and try them out with your outfit and see what you think.
I love the ones that Victoria's Secret sells, they are by far the most comfortable ones I have ever worn. If I am going to wear pantyhose then I like them to be the silky kind, I don't want to hear myself cross my legs.Plus the silky ones let your dress hang really nice and smoothly.
Like I said I only get decked out once a year so I like to have some fun with it, hope this helps a little.
Have fun with the big people!!
smile.png

I hate pantyhose. When I have to dress up i tend to stick with something black and and make myself where black stockings - not pantyhose.

Quote:
Well... for shoes, do you have a purse in mind? A hair clip? Jewelry?
If its a holiday party you can wear silver heels and a purse, I don't really like black dress, black heels and black purse but two colors is good.
You could also do beige/ivory but its not as holiday ( ish)
I think its fun to get dressed up every once in a while and go out with the big people. I like seeing my husband decked out and I know he feels the same about me.
So have fun with it, I would probably do some strappy silver shoes and a little clutch to match (Macy's or whatever the store is being called now)always has nice affordable shoes around the holidays.
The maybe a little rhinestone clip and some drop earrings, bracelet and necklace optional.
As for pantyhose, I guess its a matter of opinion, some here are saying the pantyhose is out and black tights are in, others say not.
But a pair of both and try them out with your outfit and see what you think.
I love the ones that Victoria's Secret sells, they are by far the most comfortable ones I have ever worn. If I am going to wear pantyhose then I like them to be the silky kind, I don't want to hear myself cross my legs.Plus the silky ones let your dress hang really nice and smoothly.
Like I said I only get decked out once a year so I like to have some fun with it, hope this helps a little.
Have fun with the big people!!
smile.png

I have white dangle earrings and a white hair clip. Currently have a off white and red clutch planned. I am looking to buy a shawl or, if I can find one a cardigan. Maybe in white or silver. Maybe red, depending on the shade.

I am looking forward to this years holiday party. Not only have I lost some weight, but I also have a actual "job"
SAHM just wasnt interesting enough for his coworkers and their wives. And I think one of them was insulted when I told her my Black Cochins name. Who'd a thunk it that her name would be Vivian as well.

Go with a open toe heel and skip those darn hose! Thats what I did when we used to go to hubby's holiday party. I wore them here in Ohio and there was snow on the ground but so what the shoes were so sexy.!
wee.gif
I found a cute pair at payless knowing I wouldnt get to wear them much, they are black and silver perfect for the holidays.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom