What's wrong with their feathers?

Those chickens are awesome!!
D.gif

I just got an email back from the breeder. Apparently she is unaware of this happening before. Here's her response:

Hi, how are you doing? That is really weird, I have never hatched or seen any that looked like that. All of my breeder birds are really nice show quality birds, so who knows. I don't have any Silkies, I have never owned any, so I know they are not crossed with that. I hatched all of my breeders from purchased eggs and raised them. I hatch Ameraucanas chicks all of the time from my eggs, I have hatched a lot of them this year, I have never had anyone else say anything about them. I have 2 separate breeding pens, I kept around 10 chicks from each pen. I kept some Black chicks and Splash chicks, all of mine are feathered normal. Mine are about 5 months old now and just started laying a few weeks ago. I have never seen or heard of any of them having feathers like that. I have no explanation for the chicks, you make get something new started. lol

I guess I've created quite a stir. I have people lining up for eggs and the hen hasn't even started laying yet. I think I'll try to hatch a few myself first and see what comes of it.
hu.gif

Thanks for all the input. I'm trying to register at an ameraucana forum, so I can post a picture there and see what I can find out.

Back
Top Bottom