What's wrong with their feathers?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Jubaby, Oct 20, 2008.

1. flyingmonkeypoop

flyingmonkeypoop Crowing

Apr 30, 2007
    Deer Park Washington
    What is their user name on eggbid?

2. lovemychix

lovemychix Songster

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    Those chickens are awesome!! [​IMG]

3. MissChessy

MissChessy Songster

Sep 24, 2007
    Texas
    :eek: Wowza! They are sooo beautiful. I wish I had some of those!

4. Jubaby

Jubaby Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    The seller's name is Cowgirl75446.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Songster

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    OMG!!!! they are gorgeous!!! I want some now lol. Do you have a waiting list going yet?
    If so put me down for a dozen eggs [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  6. conny63malies

conny63malies Crowing

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    These chickens are illegal and must be send to my house on the spot!!!! [​IMG]

7. Jubaby

Jubaby Songster

Apr 9, 2008
    West Texas
    I just got an email back from the breeder. Apparently she is unaware of this happening before. Here's her response:

Hi, how are you doing? That is really weird, I have never hatched or seen any that looked like that. All of my breeder birds are really nice show quality birds, so who knows. I don't have any Silkies, I have never owned any, so I know they are not crossed with that. I hatched all of my breeders from purchased eggs and raised them. I hatch Ameraucanas chicks all of the time from my eggs, I have hatched a lot of them this year, I have never had anyone else say anything about them. I have 2 separate breeding pens, I kept around 10 chicks from each pen. I kept some Black chicks and Splash chicks, all of mine are feathered normal. Mine are about 5 months old now and just started laying a few weeks ago. I have never seen or heard of any of them having feathers like that. I have no explanation for the chicks, you make get something new started. lol

I guess I've created quite a stir. I have people lining up for eggs and the hen hasn't even started laying yet. I think I'll try to hatch a few myself first and see what comes of it. [​IMG]

Thanks for all the input. I'm trying to register at an ameraucana forum, so I can post a picture there and see what I can find out.

8. steffpeck

steffpeck Songster

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Very cool!!

9. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Can anyone tell me how the feather genes are...as in which are dominant? Those birds are awesome! Look forward to learning more about these....

10. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I want on the list!!!I think they are soooo cool looking! You might have an original set.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: