What's wrong with their feathers?

They are looking somewhat normal now,
She looks a lot like a he...
hide.gif

How old were they when they died. I have a trio and an extra roo that are beautiful and strong. My hen even survived a dog attack. I have my trio in with 2 new smooth feathered black AM's
The youngest were about 2 months old and this one about ....mmmmm 5 months maybe??? He was taking forever to feather in. I think this year, I'm going to separate them from the other breeds of chicks. Pretty sure they get clobbered. I have 2 split roos and one split hen and then maybe 3 split pullets. At least I have something to work with. This year I'm also going to hatch these out earlier. They feather in slower and maybe the cold here is to much for them during the day, but they like being out, so I'll just work really hard on hatching when my birds start up again.

I grew out mine with the rest of the flock when they were young, until they were POL then moved them to their own coop. I still have 2 roo's in with the layers one smooth split and one silkied both are splash.
I have 4 pullets that are all splits, so they'll be going in with my roos and hens. My split hen started laying this week, so 2 whole eggs. yepppppyyy... More eggs than I've seen in months and I have 16 pens out there, LOL

I now have gobs of splits, with Blues, Blacks, Mauves & Chocolates. I have Fluffy Blues & Blacks. I'm hoping to get Fluffy Chocolates & Mauves this hatch, since they started laying again a couple of weeks ago.

I'm going to split out the Splits from the Fluffies to REMOVE the Silkied from the Chocolates, since I'd like to also have flat-feathered Chocolate Ameraucanas.

They seem very strong now after several generations of outcrossing to good Ameraucana stock. I feel like I'm back to normal constitution. I had one hen drop for no reason out of about 30 birds in the last 6 months. She was from 2 generations back, so I think we're good!!

Back
Top Bottom