Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Maran

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Wyandotte

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Silkie

Votes: 8 28.6%

• Total voters
I voted for easter eggers. But i have to say, EEs and brahmas hold the same rank amongst my top-breeds list. :lol:

Three of my favorite things about Eggers are their temperaments, their colors, and of course, the eggs. :p They do tend to have a rather flighty personality, but if you really, truely love them, they calm down and love you back. Some of mine think I'm their mother - they try to hide under my shirt whenever they get pecked. :lau Their different colors make them super easy to tell apart, and the eggs are so much fun to gather.

All the brahmas I've had have been the BEST lap chickens I've ever had. If you sit down, better be ready for all them to come piling onto your lap! :lol: Even my broody raised girl that i have right now is one of the calmest, easy-going birds I have. Couldn't recommend them more highly for a beginner flock for young kids. :)

My favorite breed would be, without a doubt, silkies. They're just so funny and sweet! Sweetheart, a silkie mix that looks like a dalmatian, often follows me around the house. I just love them so much!! It's like having a flock of kittens.
IMG_1792.JPG

Sweetheart living up to her name.
IMG_1320.JPG

I still miss you, Hammy... RIP.

I voted for the Plymouth Barred Rock & the Australorpe. Frankly, I 'very been in love with the Barred Rocks since seeing figurines as a child, in my Great Aunts' kitchen. Not having had any experience with chickens or exposure to anyone who did have chickens as a child, I thought the figurines were the most beautiful things & just thought them to be someone's artistic painting. Imagine my surprise all these years later to learn that those little figurines were based on a real breed AND that they were very sweet!! As a first time chicken keeper, I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of lovelies!

I also voted Australorpe because we just adopted a group of 7 hens to keep my last Barred Rock beauty company. We now have 1 very sweet, talkative, cuddly Australorpe, 2 Americaunas, 1 delightful & fluffy Buff Orphington, and 4 other mixed of heaven only knows what...but they're full of character!!

I guess it's fair to say that the only chicken breed that I don't like (so far) is the one I haven't met yet. Hearing people describe their breeds is very informative & I will keep several suggestions in the mental file for future expansion.

My favorite breed over all are golden campines (Buff orps are a close second! :p), but i definately have some on the poll that are in my top ten list. I chose orpington, austrolorp, EE, and plymoth.

It's impossible to choose only one! XD

I voted for easter eggers. But i have to say, EEs and brahmas hold the same rank amongst my top-breeds list. :lol:

Three of my favorite things about Eggers are their temperaments, their colors, and of course, the eggs. :p They do tend to have a rather flighty personality, but if you really, truely love them, they calm down and love you back. Some of mine think I'm their mother - they try to hide under my shirt whenever they get pecked. :lau Their different colors make them super easy to tell apart, and the eggs are so much fun to gather.

All the brahmas I've had have been the BEST lap chickens I've ever had. If you sit down, better be ready for all them to come piling onto your lap! :lol: Even my broody raised girl that i have right now is one of the calmest, easy-going birds I have. Couldn't recommend them more highly for a beginner flock for young kids. :)

My favorite breed would be, without a doubt, silkies. They're just so funny and sweet! Sweetheart, a silkie mix that looks like a dalmatian, often follows me around the house. I just love them so much!! It's like having a flock of kittens.
View attachment 1158904
Sweetheart living up to her name.
View attachment 1158906
I still miss you, Hammy... RIP.

I voted for the Plymouth Barred Rock & the Australorpe. Frankly, I 'very been in love with the Barred Rocks since seeing figurines as a child, in my Great Aunts' kitchen. Not having had any experience with chickens or exposure to anyone who did have chickens as a child, I thought the figurines were the most beautiful things & just thought them to be someone's artistic painting. Imagine my surprise all these years later to learn that those little figurines were based on a real breed AND that they were very sweet!! As a first time chicken keeper, I couldn't have asked for a better bunch of lovelies!

I also voted Australorpe because we just adopted a group of 7 hens to keep my last Barred Rock beauty company. We now have 1 very sweet, talkative, cuddly Australorpe, 2 Americaunas, 1 delightful & fluffy Buff Orphington, and 4 other mixed of heaven only knows what...but they're full of character!!

I guess it's fair to say that the only chicken breed that I don't like (so far) is the one I haven't met yet. Hearing people describe their breeds is very informative & I will keep several suggestions in the mental file for future expansion.

@Flufferes, @PeepersMama, @SilkiesInSuburb and @BarredRockMom, Awesome!!

Back
Top Bottom