What's your favorite milk cow breed?

when figuring out the best option for family milk production... I chose goat. :confused: They produce milk over a longer period of months in a more manageable amount for a family, and a much easier to handle animal size. A good goat can be easily handled, cared for and milked by a 7 year old.

Know that isn't what ya asked. :confused:

I happen to like Jerseys. A Brown Swiss is a nice cow too. They are a little big but they are a calm gentle cow. One of the best milk cows I have ever had was a Brown Swiss Jersey cross. Another good cow to consider, if you can find one, is a Milking Shorthorn.

when figuring out the best option for family milk production... I chose goat. :confused: They produce milk over a longer period of months in a more manageable amount for a family, and a much easier to handle animal size. A good goat can be easily handled, cared for and milked by a 7 year old.

Know that isn't what ya asked. :confused:
That's okay if that's not what I asked! Your opinion is still an amazing one. I have dairy goats, and two jerseys. I also have access to Holstein milk (which I think is great as well). My goats are due in May :)

I love jersey cows for their milk production and for their friendliness. Brown Swiss are nice too! I have dairy goats now instead of a milk cow and love them so much.
Can I ask why you don't have your jersey anymore? I also have goats and a jersey! what kind of goats do you prefer for dairy goats? Mine are crosses I put ahead from a creamery that has to scale down.

Back
Top Bottom