Wheaten and Blue wheaten Marans Discussion Thread

I have 2 Wheaton Marans. They look the same feather wise, but one has blue legs and the other has pink legs. Standing next to the maran in the second pic is an Americauna. So will the blue leg maran lay brown eggs?

IMG_7117.JPG

Looking like a pullet right? This one just stands up super tall all the time, but coloring looks female.

P1060607.JPG

my first wheaten cockerel from this line without a white fluff at the base of his tail .
he still carries a parasitic white ( tail and shank feathers )
the back of the comb still need some work too .
what I like about this line ( got it from WA ) has a great mass and lay true marans eggs ( oval and dark too 6 )

any comment will be welcomed .

chooks man

Attachments

• P1070498.JPG
    P1070498.JPG
    669.3 KB · Views: 243
View attachment 1156776
my first wheaten cockerel from this line without a white fluff at the base of his tail .
he still carries a parasitic white ( tail and shank feathers )
the back of the comb still need some work too .
what I like about this line ( got it from WA ) has a great mass and lay true marans eggs ( oval and dark too 6 )

any comment will be welcomed .

chooks man
Very nice Wheaten Male with good type. The White is a real challenge on the wheaten.

Very nice Wheaten Male with good type. The White is a real challenge on the wheaten.

Agree with you 100% the white is a nightmare .
it is the reason the Syndicat de la poule marans stop breeding they wheaten .they could not get any cockerel without a white fluff at the base of the tail .

have several line i m working with ,some are better than others .

chooks man

here some photo of my Blue wheaten rooster , Elvis .he is 18months old now.
he is from the imported stock ( from the UK ) by Avgen 2015.
he is loving his life is Australia . he is well pleased to be here outdoor all the year around.
P1070319.JPG
P1070321.JPG
P1070323.JPG
P1070337.JPG
P1070337.JPG

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom