When do Buff Orpingtons start laying?

Mine are 29 weeks and still not paying rent
roll.png

we have had buff orpingtons for two years now, and raised all of them as chicks. each spring we get additional buff orps. they always start to lay around five months old. we have had some lay at 4-1/2 months old, but five months is more the norm.

We have 26 Buff Orpingtons, who are 25 weeks old and they started laying around 21 weeks... we have 23 pullets. I dont know whos all laying but today we got 22 eggs, we also have 3 bantams (2 are pullets and they both are laying), 3 RIR's pullets and they all are laying and 2 EE's who are not laying (dont know how old they are, but I do know they are younger than the rest of our flock)

WOW we had the complete opposite. We have 2 BO's and both were our first egg layers - 1 right at a day shy of 18 weeks old, and the other a few days later. They are also my 2 fave chickens
smile.png
if I had to do it over I might just get BO's. But anyway, ours are around 23 weeks old now and we have a little over half laying - still waiting on welsummers, 2 of the easter eggers, both cochins (that's going to be a while!), and a couple others. Our 3rd layer, BTW, was our golden campine, laying our only white egg.

I have 6 BO and 3 White Orpingtons. They have not all started but some have. They were hatched New Years Day so they are over 24 weeks. I get about 3 to 5 eggs a day but I have 2 other chickens that lay for me. AND for the life of me I can't get them to lay in the nesting box's. They lay them on the ground in the pen.

I have 6 Buff Orpingtons, they will be 20 weeks on Thursday, still no eggs. Two have full waddles and bright red combs, the area around their eyes are red too. Only one squats when I reach down to pet her, so I think she is close! 3 others are just starting to get their waddles in, so they will be late layers
sad.png

My Sexlink is the first to lay, that happened on Sat, she is 19 weeks also. It's so fun raising them, the waiting part stinks, but is well worth it!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom