When do you put chicks outside?

When do you put chicks outside

• Total voters
I havent done a broody but whrn i do i plan to seperate her away from the big hens and possibly have 2 of the nicest banties with her. She is a silkie and can barely protect herself so i am not taking any chances but if you hen is large fowl or is better on the pecking order shr should be fine with the whole flock
She is a Leghorn, small but a standard and top of the flock. I am hoping she will be good. I didn't want to move her until they start to hatch. We don't have an extra coop but the one we have now is big enough for 15 and we have 7 and the run is big enough for 25. ;)

Also if the 6-8 wk old were being bullied / not let on the roost they could go back to ther pen free choice. I am 100% hands off , work it out amongst themselves and only step in if i need to. Otherwise im therr for feed, water, shelter.

I dont lock them away at nite give a kiss and treat.. its a frikin chicken. Not a dog. Not a child. Some people take this to the extreme.

These mini dinosaurs survived since beginning of time without human interference. The way it should be
I must say the way people in the site feel about their chooks is the opposite of this philosophy you have. It's fine really, but just be nice to those of us who feel differently.

Back
Top Bottom