When should I expect eggs?

A few of our girls are 3 browns, 3 comets, 2 reds, 2 gems, 3 queens, and 2 Leghorns. ALL around 26 weeks old, NONE laying. Any idea why? Driving me cluckin crazy!
I would've thought your Leghorns would be laying by now, mine were the earliest of my flock at 19/20 weeks, but that was early July, and in Oregon, so we had LOTS of light.

The light is waning now, and I'm sure Alabama is even less than me, so *maybe* that's it? I have no other idea. 26 weeks is about normal for the other breeds, right? (I think my RIR was 22 weeks? I can't remember.....)

Is this normal for a first egg? I got them from TSC on April 14th this year and was told they were a week old or less, so I

I think it was one of my girls that I just uploaded as my profile pic. I was told they are cinnamon queens but I am not sure from looking at pictures. I have no idea what breed they are, but they are sweeties, very friendly..

Totally normal. I still get weird grooves, lines, pigments on the eggs sometimes. I notice strange eggs when I switch feed, or if the hens had too many treats (they got into my veggie garden and gorged themselves), and ignored their healthy feed.

Does anyone know the breed in my profile picture? Was told they are cinnamon queens but to me they look too dark for that breed and they have black tail feathers along with some black on their heads

Does anyone know the breed in my profile picture? Was told they are cinnamon queens but to me they look too dark for that breed and they have black tail feathers along with some black on their heads

They look like our three queens, even with your description. Except two of them have a rose comb, (when I looked up why, it made sense but I forget what they are bred with). Anyway, since they are mixtures, I've found some that look not so much like mine elsewhere online. I think they're gorgeous.

I would've thought your Leghorns would be laying by now, mine were the earliest of my flock at 19/20 weeks, but that was early July, and in Oregon, so we had LOTS of light.

The light is waning now, and I'm sure Alabama is even less than me, so *maybe* that's it? I have no other idea. 26 weeks is about normal for the other breeds, right? (I think my RIR was 22 weeks? I can't remember.....)

The others should have been laying by around 20 weeks according to our local TSC. We are getting 12-13 hours of daylight for now. But no eggs at all from these girls?! What gives! (Only ONE Golden Comet is laying and we got one egg from her today...haven't gotten others from her in over a week when she laid her first one.

E524547D-80FE-49A2-A688-54CD33365054.jpeg
They are in a run, We are first time chicken owners so we went a little overboard with the size of their coop and run. We wanted them to have a comfortable home, but I am worried that we made everything too big. Since we only have 4 girls and 1 guy could the size of the coop or run be a problem?
Hi! Got my first chicks this spring as well and most of them are laying now. Mine lay at anytime of the day. I got my first dozen... finally! Not all in one day mind you but finally accumulated that many as I eat at least two a day.. more on the weekends.... btw, what size is your run? Just curious, mine is 12x12 and feel like I want them to have more room... I have 8 gals.

View attachment 1532322
Hi! Got my first chicks this spring as well and most of them are laying now. Mine lay at anytime of the day. I got my first dozen... finally! Not all in one day mind you but finally accumulated that many as I eat at least two a day.. more on the weekends.... btw, what size is your run? Just curious, mine is 12x12 and feel like I want them to have more room... I have 8 gals.
View attachment 1532322
Oh my gosh your eggs are beautiful!!! So far I have only gotten the 1 egg yesterday but I cant wait to get more. I would have to ask my husband on the exact size of the run, but it is in a T shape with bottom of the T attached to their coop and steps. At first we had it in just a rectangle shape but I felt the same that they needed more room, and we only have 4 girls and a roo who was supposed to be a girl but we kept him because he is so loveable, lol. I will get back to you with the measurements as soon as I find out. Thank you for the picture, that is so exciting!!

They look like our three queens, even with your description. Except two of them have a rose comb, (when I looked up why, it made sense but I forget what they are bred with). Anyway, since they are mixtures, I've found some that look not so much like mine elsewhere online. I think they're gorgeous.
Would you happen to have pictures of your Cinnamon queens? Also what color were they as babies? I am not sure what they are but I absolutely adore them, they are so friendly and lovey. I have 2 barred rock girl and a Dominique too (was supposed to be a girl), and they are all so friendly and come to you when you call them by name!

Back
Top Bottom