When to meet the flock?

Duckmomofnow2

Chirping
Apr 23, 2023
So I have two week old Pekin ducks. When they can they meet the Muscovy ducks? The Pekins are separated from them in their own coop.

Let them see each other through a fence for a couple of weeks first.
Normally I keep my ducklings in brooder until they are at least one month and then if weather permits (not too hot or cold) they can live outside with a look but no touch set up for a couple more weeks before I let them all be together during the day, I keep them separate at night for another 2 weeks (either divide the coop or put them in a big dog crate within the coop)

Are the Muscovy adults? Do you have drakes?
I have one drake two female and I’m not sure of the other one? Here is a picture of them.
2E0F4441-1EA5-4823-B0C7-AAD2266958EA.jpeg

Let them see each other through a fence for a couple of weeks first.
Normally I keep my ducklings in brooder until they are at least one month and then if weather permits (not too hot or cold) they can live outside with a look but no touch set up for a couple more weeks before I let them all be together during the day, I keep them separate at night for another 2 weeks (either divide the coop or put them in a big dog crate within the coop)
The one up front I was told was a boy he is bigger the the rest

They are beautiful, so that’s your four Muscovy’s ? how old are they now they look young..
Thank you! Yes they are mine. When I got the first one on June 25th I was told he was a month old. I didn’t get the other three from the same people till mid July and they are from the same flock as the first one.

Back
Top Bottom