When to take the biddies out....

WhiteMountainsRanch

Crowing
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
San Diego, CA
Of the incubator and put them in the brooder... like how every so often??? It's getting pretty crowded in my Eco 20!

I did a search but for some reason nothing came up... it kept saying "to general"...?

Well, it is said, during lockdown, "DON'T OPEN THAT INCUBATOR!"
lol.png
It may compromise the rest of the hatch because that final, higher humidity is so important. Otherwise, the membrane can dry out and literally shrink wrap the chick, killing it inside the shell.

Now, I do have friends that reach in there quickly, give the incy a very fine mist of warm water, and close it quickly.

Congrats on the great hatch? Do you have the Octagon 20 Echo--the basic one? Or the advanced. I just bought the basic one and will be setting eggs tomorrow.....

If there are no eggs currently pipped or zipped in there (in other words, the shells are still solid and uncracked) you can reach in quickly and remove the fluffed up and active chicks. However, if there are ANY eggs in there with pips or zips, do not open the incubator.

As soon as they are fluffed up and active I pluck them right out. Most of them is only 24 hours. I dip their beaks in water and scatter the starter food on the floor for them to peck at. Soo cute!

wut...? they don't open their eyes when they first hatch...???

i haven't seen any of my eggs hatch out of their eggs... i just see them in the morning, and at night... crazy...

Back
Top Bottom