When will she give birth

Pics
You’re in a delicate situation and need to be cautious. I understand your concerns, and I’m not sure on the laws in your area, but things can get nasty with neighbours like that. Personally, if the dog came into my yard of her own free will, and wanted to set up shop there to have her puppies, well, that’s not my choice, i would let her do her thing. I would let the neighbours know she’s nesting here, that I’m alright with her having them here, and that I was fine with it if they were. Legally they’re the owner whether you like them or not. I’m not having issues with my neighbours though, and also not a minor however, which unfortunately adds another layer to your dilemma. My biggest question to you is, if she has trouble what are you going to do? Legally she’s not your dog, and if she needs a vet visit that’s going to get complicated fast. Things to discuss with your parents ASAP for sure. She looks like a decent sized dog (and a sweetheart!!) so hopefully she’ll be alright with the actual whelping. A quiet area is best, don’t fuss over her too much, and remember that even the nicest dog may not be when they’re protecting their new babies. Just be cautious around her as she’s whelping and afterwards. :)
I’m not trying to be a downer, I think it’s awesome that you’re helping this beautiful girl, but you have to be especially careful in sticky situations where the animal doesn’t actually belong to you.

Personally, if the dog came into my yard of her own free will, and wanted to set up shop there to have her puppies, well, that’s not my choice, i would let her do her thing. I would let the neighbours know she’s nesting here, that I’m alright with her having them here, and that I was fine with it if they were.

If you keep the dog confined to a safe place to have her puppies, there's a chance the owners may complain that you "stole" their dog.

But if you set up a safe place where she can freely come and go, and she chooses to have puppies there, then it's really their fault for not keeping the dog home.

And depending on how observant the neighbors are--if they say she's not pregnant, and if she has the puppies on your property, they may never even know about the puppies unless you tell them. (Whether to tell the neighbors would be a decision for yourself and your parents.)

If you keep the dog confined to a safe place to have her puppies, there's a chance the owners may complain that you "stole" their dog.

But if you set up a safe place where she can freely come and go, and she chooses to have puppies there, then it's really their fault for not keeping the dog home.

And depending on how observant the neighbors are--if they say she's not pregnant, and if she has the puppies on your property, they may never even know about the puppies unless you tell them. (Whether to tell the neighbors would be a decision for yourself and your parents.)
This is a good point. Maybe if they wan the dog back, then you can keep the puppies, other then the fact that they will be to young to leave mamma I guess....

Back
Top Bottom