when will they lay

cristina33

Songster
13 Years
Jan 11, 2007
ma
I have 3 female muscoveys they are about 8 months old and I have not gotten a single egg. They are out of the coop by 10 am and out till about 7 pm . I feed them layer feed. They are healthy and happy but dang they are slackers is there any reason why they arent laying?

Cristina

Some ducks are just late layers.. My runners started laying in January, but my Cayuga just layed her first egg today.... I was getting angry at her, but you just have to be patient.

One of my eight runner hens still isn't laying--and they're supposed to be great layers. I won't hatch from that duck, as I don't want to propagate the lazy laying habit. But muscovies are seasonal layers, so I don't think I'd worry yet. It is hard to wait, though! Don't worry--that first egg will come--hopefully soon!

We didn't even know our Muscovy was laying until she didn't come to the coop at night. When she showed up the next day we knew what was going on but it took us three days to find her nest. She had dug a hole under a low board and had about fifteen eggs in there.

Back
Top Bottom