Where can i find crested runners? (esp blue and black!)

nettie

Enslaved by Indoor Ducks
11 Years
Nov 20, 2008
Chicago, IL
I am particularly interested in Blue, black, saxony, lavender, (weird colored) runners with crests.

I looking to add two new runners to my group soon and i'm dying to get one with a crest.

Ialready have a Choc. and a fawn/white and would like all different colored runners. I was thinking of getting 1 blue and one black from Metzer farms if i am unable to find crested runners elsewhere. Anyone here breed them? Better yet, anyone with in a reasonable drive from alabama hatching them? (under 7-8 hours?)

Nettie, where are you going to put them?!??!?!
gig.gif

actually, my two newest additions are sadly leaving me. They did not imprint on humans and are not getting along with on of my older ducks at all. The one kicks so hard when you pick him up he's hurt himself by scratching open the under side of his beak. Andto live inside, being picked up is a basic necessity. Luckily a friend of mine from BYC is taking them in in more of a farm setting where i think they'd be happier. Plus her ducks came in the same order with my two and hopefully they'll remember each other, lol. We thought about just finding a home for the one, since the other isn't as bad, but the two of them are like glue. Best friends. And i'd feel bad seperating them. Claudia offered to take them both, and she has a magpie who needs a girlfriend or two (both of mine are actually girls lol). Plus she lives close so we can still visit them and get updates on them.

I'm still resting most of the time from my surgery, but i will try to snap a few extra new pics tomorrow when they take their bath. They're already in bed and settled right now. We're trying not to handle them too much since they are moving to a farm and won't have as much contact. It's hard because they are so cute and we want to snuggle them, but it's for the best. So i'll be taking a few more pictures for when we miss them.

We decided to order from metzer farms. We couldn't find crested runners in the colors we wanted, but that's okay. It was more inportant that we find a hatchery with a low minimum, that sexes ducklings, and had the coors we wanted. They did say if any happen to hatch out with crests, which they occassionally do, they will try to get them to us. We're expecting our new babies on wednesday.

We are both very sad about sammy and peter, but after taking tio claudia aka allaboutdemchicks, we discovered her ducklings who came in the same order as my two, act all exactly alike. I'm beginning to think it's a hatchery/imprinting problem. I think they all spent to much time together as babies. We're hoping they will kinda remember each other and all get along. We were afriad about the duckies getting too used to being inside and can't move outside, so depending on how i am feeling, we will be bringing them to claudia this week. hopefully we won't miss them too bad!

hugs.gif

Well, if you ever need fertile hatching eggs and decide to grow your own, let me know.

The first thing JJ saw was me and hubby...but putting the mirror and the feather duster in the brooder seems to keep JJ happy when we aren't there so we don't have a lonely crazy duckling on our hands.

Back
Top Bottom