Where to find a home for my rooster?

Aug 5, 2021
Copperas Cove, TX
Hey ya'll
First let me say I do not want to get rid of my cockerel but I only had 3 chickens and my cross beak who I loved dearly died yesterday. Now I have 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. I have tried to find a home for him before with no luck. My question is, how do you find homes for cockerels? Is there a certain website or something? I am not on FB and really do not use many social media apps. Thanks!

Hey ya'll
First let me say I do not want to get rid of my cockerel but I only had 3 chickens and my cross beak who I loved dearly died yesterday. Now I have 2 pullets and 1 cockerel. I have tried to find a home for him before with no luck. My question is, how do you find homes for cockerels? Is there a certain website or something? I am not on FB and really do not use many social media apps. Thanks!
Most people use Craigslist for there area to let others know you have a cockerel to rehome. And you can post it on byc>

Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing​

I usually rehome my cockerels on craigslist. Go under the “Farm and Garden” section. Post some really gorgeous photos of him. Emphasize that he has been a pet and is friendly, if that is indeed the case. Charge a minimal fee like $5 or $10.
You have to update your posting every 2 to 3 days to have it go back to the top of the list. You can also change up the photos to get peoples attention.
It may take a while, it took me two months to rehome a lovely silkie cockerel that I had, but eventually he did go to a good home.
Also use caution, do not let people come to your home, meet in a public neutral place like a shopping center parking lot. There are a lot of nutters out there.😊

Nobody really wants cockerels in my area. I usually don't even try to give them away, but I had a particularly beautiful one recently so he went on my local Facebook group and also Craigslist, twice, for free. No responses all summer, so the really beautiful rooster made us a really beautiful dinner.

You might have some luck giving one away, but that hasn't been my experience.

Nobody really wants cockerels in my area. I usually don't even try to give them away, but I had a particularly beautiful one recently so he went on my local Facebook group and also Craigslist, twice, for free. No responses all summer, so the really beautiful rooster made us a really beautiful dinner.

You might have some luck giving one away, but that hasn't been my experience.
Thank you. I have absolutely no experience killing chickens. And honestly... I personally couldn't do it.
I am hoping maybe I will get lucky and be able to create a larger area for them and get 8 more hens.

Back
Top Bottom