Which breed do we have?

Haha ok interesting. So the most likely is a muscovy/mallard mix. From what I've read, the muscovy pekin cross is common. Considering the color it seems like a good option.

At the end, it doesn't really matter what they are, they're still cute. We don't want to breed with them, we just have them for company...
But secretly we're glad they won't develop huge caruncles.☺️

I had a Pekin that I loved dearly but she drove me nearly to drink with loud incessant quacking. I couldn’t hear you babies’ noises but if they are quacking a lot, I’d guess Pekin.
Do you mean that they look like full pekin duck or mixed with muscovy. Both of them have a brown spot on their head so full pekin is not possible, I think.

Most of the time the are silent, when they make a sound it is mostly a reaction on something.

Forgot to say but one off them made a hiss sound recently, so that is more like a muscovy.

I meant Pekin mix with preponderance of Pekin. I am new to this, too. Have raised 18 Muscovies from brooder; they are two years old now and to me your pretty babies’ bills just don’t look like muscovies’ but they do look like pekin mixed with something. Could be wrong! Do let us know when they mature!

The funny thing is that we initially wanted to buy runner ducks. These are almost impossible to find in our region. So we decided to go to a local poultry market and see what they had. Muscovys are quite common here and I started to like them, my boyfriend actually liked the pekin duck. I think the disadvantage of the pekin duck is that they are really bred for the meat industry and I was afraid of the weaker health, my boyfriend was simply in love with their cute looks.

There were many chickens and pigeons on the market, but only one seller sold ducks. So we came home with these two ducks which I thought were muscovys and my boyfriend thought they were more pekin ducks. It's funny that it turns out to be a mix of our preferences.

If they change, I'll let you know for those who are curious.

If anyone knows about sex determination in mule ducks, we are curious if they are indeed two males. I have the slightest idea that one of them is a bit feminine🤨.

Back
Top Bottom